Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

There was a great episode of Frasier where he became the campaign manager for a Democratic candidate, who then started talking about aliens after he was elected.

There was a great episode of Frasier where he became the campaign manager for a Democratic candidate, who then started talking about aliens after he was elected.

I thought Philip Hammond already had that covered?

Any comment on the PB, ICM and Survation polls all showing swings to Yes?

Yes Scotland are not using the word "swing" nor are they not using "momentum" or "trend" anymore, the current in word is "shift", i.e. the above polls are showing a "shift" towards Yes Scotland, where as the ICM Poll is not, so what the current polls are saying I have no clue, you pays your money you takes your choice

Edited by ecto

Yes Scotland are not using the word "swing" nor are they not using "momentum" or "trend" anymore, the current in word is "shift", i.e. the above polls are showing a "shift" towards Yes Scotland, where as the ICM Poll is not, so what the current polls are saying I have no clue, you pays your money you takes your choice

And how did you invest in this venture my good man?

Latest YouGov poll:

http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/wz75xbwh76/Sun_Scotland_Results_16-Jun-2014_FINAL_W.pdf

No 53% (+2)

Yes 36% (-1)

DK 9%

Would not vote 2%

Changes are from last YouGov poll in April.

Excluding DK's and WNV's, that's 60-40 for no. More good news :)

Wait a minute here.

Remember the Progressive Partnership poll a few weeks ago? The No side claimed that that poll was carried out by YouGov.

If that was considered to be a Yougov poll when it suited Better Together's agenda at the time, why is it being ignored now?

Would it be because they would have to report:

Yes 36% (+4)

No 53% (+1)

That's a 4% increase for Yes in just over a month, according to the logic that BT applied in May. Why doesn't the same logic apply in June?

Strangely enough repeated this morning on Channel 4.

Wait a minute here.

Remember the Progressive Partnership poll a few weeks ago? The No side claimed that that poll was carried out by YouGov.

If that was considered to be a Yougov poll when it suited Better Together's agenda at the time, why is it being ignored now?

Would it be because they would have to report:

Yes 36% (+4)

No 53% (+1)

That's a 4% increase for Yes in just over a month, according to the logic that BT applied in May. Why doesn't the same logic apply in June?

they did not claim that all, whose now using it for their own agenda

they did not claim that all, whose now using it for their own agenda

http://bettertogether.net/blog/entry/new-poll-delivers-fresh-blow-to-salmond

Link to Better Together's own page? Check

Better Together claim that it's a YouGov survey? Check

Mention that it's for Progressive Partnership? Check

Mention of release of poll result being 11 May 2014? Check

You're talking sh*te again, Ecto. Better Together quite clearly claim everything I've accused them of:

Incidentally, you'll also find a full report on this scam here: http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/according-to-better-togethers-own-logic.html

and here: http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/huge-surge-in-support-for-independence.html

I'm particularly impressed with the predictive skills Scot Goes Pop displays in his third last paragraph of the earlier report

Meanwhile, our dear friends over in the official anti-independence campaign continue with their relentless quest to shed any last vestiges of self-respect. When the PSO poll was published a few hours ago, they posted a graphic on Twitter comparing it to the YouGov poll from ten days ago, rather than to the last poll conducted by PSO. By sheer coincidence, this piece of jiggery-pokery gives the grossly misleading impression that there has in fact been a big swing to the No campaign, rather than the other way around. But don't worry - you can rest assured that they'll maintain consistency at all times...

http://bettertogether.net/blog/entry/new-poll-delivers-fresh-blow-to-salmond

Link to Better Together's own page? Check

Better Together claim that it's a YouGov survey? Check

Mention that it's for Progressive Partnership? Check

Mention of release of poll result being 11 May 2014? Check

You're talking sh*te again, Ecto. Better Together quite clearly claim everything I've accused them of:

Incidentally, you'll also find a full report on this scam here: http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/according-to-better-togethers-own-logic.html

and here: http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/huge-surge-in-support-for-independence.html

I'm particularly impressed with the predictive skills Scot Goes Pop displays in his third last paragraph of the earlier report

Meanwhile, our dear friends over in the official anti-independence campaign continue with their relentless quest to shed any last vestiges of self-respect. When the PSO poll was published a few hours ago, they posted a graphic on Twitter comparing it to the YouGov poll from ten days ago, rather than to the last poll conducted by PSO. By sheer coincidence, this piece of jiggery-pokery gives the grossly misleading impression that there has in fact been a big swing to the No campaign, rather than the other way around. But don't worry - you can rest assured that they'll maintain consistency at all times...

well you have my apologies

Edited by ecto

Wow. The Lake District has worked wonders on you. Kudos for having the integrity to post the above.

But I will say both sides have been a bit naughty with the polls, it was Salmond on the now infamous Marr show when he claimed a recent poll had the Yes vote at 45%, but he had discounted the Dks, that was the 1st time he had used this, and since then both sides have done this

Edited by ecto

But I will say both sides have been a bit naughty with the polls, it was Salmond on the now infamous Marr show when he claimed a recent poll had the Yes vote at 45%, but he had discounted the Dks, that was the 1st time he had used this, and since then both sides have done this

What's wrong with discounting people who don't know how they'll vote? And there is no way in hell Alex Salmond was the first to do that. Standard practice for many polls.