Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I think this is what you meant?

It was indeed. My error.

I'm not just saying this, but I have read and heard of many, many examples of soft No's and DK's moving to Yes but not one person moving from Yes to No.

My experience is very similar. I personally know of two people who I presume were Yes voters (they definitely used to vote SNP) who are voting No. They changed their minds about this ages ago, way before the debate really kicked off.

Besides that, I think most DKs that I know of end up backing Yes and I know a couple of people who've changed their mind from No. It is difficult for me to gauge this given I don't see much of these people anymore, but that's the impression I get.

No also seems unable to win back support when it loses it.

Is it just me or does this sentence not make sense? Its been a very long day at work so it could well just be me.

I could've done better, in all honesty.

What I was getting at was that it would be interesting to see how many DKs were actually left - I was expecting to see the Yes increase matched with a significant decrease in the DKs. As it is, that doesn't really seem to have happened as No has lost support to Yes rather than DKs making their mind up.

I don't however believe that almost 1 in 4 voters are genuinely undecided, though. Does the face to face nature make people sit on the fence more?

Is anyone else a bit worried that the mainstream media could help swing this back the other way, now that panic mode has spread to the news agencies south of the border? I saw all the headlines today saying "10 days to save the union", "Britain in crisis" etc etc, and even the normally fair an impartial Channel 4 News are getting in on the act by reminding us all how good old England bailed out Scotland in 1707.

As long as the polls have the vote being tight or even yes ahead, everyone who doesn't live under a rock will be bombarded from all angles with news about how close to disaster old Blighty is. I can't help but think that if anyone can effectively sway the opinions of the more weak minded members of our society, our media can.

EGB = worried.

I think that as others have said, anything that could threaten it worries me.

I will say this however, I'd imagine that people would be less inclined to listen to someone from their ivory tower in a suit worth probably we make in a week telling us this, over someone you can relate to on the ground who is at least more directly taking your thoughts into consideration. This is for me, where BT have failed the most and their naivety in this area has arguably been one of the telling factors along with their ineptness and single minded perceptions of how they think the electorate think.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Really good point made above, if 20% (and I can't believe that btw) people still haven't made up their mind, which has been a consistent % of DK's for some time, yet the Yes share has greatly increased it can only mean one of two things:

1. No voters have switched to Yes

or

2. DK voters have switched to Yes and a similar amount of No voters have switched to DK.

Or am I being too simplistic?

Really good point made above, if 20% (and I can't believe that btw) people still haven't made up their mind, which has been a consistent % of DK's for some time, yet the Yes share has greatly increased it can only mean one of two things:

1. No voters have switched to Yes

or

2. DK voters have switched to Yes and a similar amount of No voters have switched to DK.

Or am I being too simplistic?

I know people who have switched from undecided to yes, no to undecided and no all the way to yes. Pretty much the entire spectrum, so it probably is a little simplistic. Still don't know anyone who has switched in the opposite direction, though. Which come to think of it is pretty bizarre.

Still do know plenty of no's though.

Is anyone else a bit worried that the mainstream media could help swing this back the other way, now that panic mode has spread to the news agencies south of the border? I saw all the headlines today saying "10 days to save the union", "Britain in crisis" etc etc, and even the normally fair an impartial Channel 4 News are getting in on the act by reminding us all how good old England bailed out Scotland in 1707.

As long as the polls have the vote being tight or even yes ahead, everyone who doesn't live under a rock will be bombarded from all angles with news about how close to disaster old Blighty is. I can't help but think that if anyone can effectively sway the opinions of the more weak minded members of our society, our media can.

EGB = worried.

ITV News coming out with the most shamelessly biased article on Scottish Independence I've seen to date. Scotland are fucking up the markets (no discussion over whether BT talking down Scotland's chance of having a stable future has affected the markets), Scotland won't keep the pound, Scotland would have loads of debt (not minding the contradiction of these two), BORDER CONTROLS!!!!!!!

It's going to be a long 10 days. :thumbsdown

ETA: Yaas, here's Ponsonby to even things out. Bernard fucking loves a bit of Independence.

Edited by Guest

ITV News coming out with the most shamelessly biased article on Scottish Independence I've seen to date. Scotland are fucking up the markets (no discussion over whether BT talking down Scotland's chance of having a stable future has affected the markets), Scotland won't keep the pound, Scotland would have loads of debt (not minding the contradiction of these two), BORDER CONTROLS!!!!!!!

It's going to be a long 10 days. :thumbsdown

ETA: Yaas, here's Ponsonby to even things out. Bernard fucking loves a bit of Independence.

That's just grist to our mill though.

Scots are thrawn and if it means taking some c**t down with you then so be it. We never started this fight, but we'll finish it. It could have all been avoided if Westminster hadn't acted like c***s.

Guy on Newsnight saying a poll embargoed from official release until midnight

He has seen the result and confirms that it will show that things have changed.

Another goosebump moment hopefully.

IT IS HAPPENING!

Edited by G-MAN

Guy on Newsnight saying a poll embargoed from official release until midnight

He has seen the result and confirms that it will show that things have changed.

Another goosebump moment hopefully.

IT IS HAPPENING!

We have been talking about it all night. I do hope nobody gets in trouble.