Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

It's been damn difficult as a business teacher - particularly when getting asked about the currency issues.

What I've tended to do is explain what the currency options are and to get the pupils to research the pros/cons of each. I think the only opinion I gave was that if there were independence then an independent currency was a distinct possibility in the long run.

Not a teacher (football coach) but some of the stuff that my lads (on both sides it has to be said) have in their heads is qute frankly unreal.

Had one vote no, for example, as he didn't think it was fair that after a Yes if Scotland happened to raise income tax (which he was adamant Salmond and Sturgeon said they would do) it was fair for you to pay more if you worked in Scotland for an English based company. I genuinely didn't know where to start explaining the epic level of wrongness.

In their defence though, that kinda crazyness is not limited to younger folks I've spoken to!

I for one would like to wish Dundee all the best in their new, independent city-state status. Hopefully a People's Republic of Greater Greenock* will follow suit.

* Port Glasgow and Gourock will have been swiftly annexed in the first minutes of this glorious republic's history.

Gonny provide some actual reliable sources if you're going to post Yes-positive rumours, please.

Speaking as someone who reads that Leigh Griffiths is signing for his club every two weeks, I can confirm getting duff gen can be extremely irritating.

Ruth Davidson just said No had lost North Lanarkshire on BBC

Police at count apparently in Glasgow. Got a text, Sky News just reported it.

Is that good enough chaps ?

Edited by G-MAN