Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Courier tweeting that Dundee will be Yes but not as high as previously thought. We're going to need a huge Yes from Glasgow I think.

I think the yes vote is not as high as previously thought across the country TBF.

Considering it's been fighting against a pro Union media full of lies and scaremongering, the YES will be large

Agreed. For me, the key thing, if they don't win, would be to get 40%+ of the vote and show that that issue isn't going away. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

I think what pisses me off the most about this poll is why they felt the need to suck the drama out of proceedings.

I'm still convinced the drama is still to come. Fk the pollsters. The bookies are in a strange world of their own, just trying to balance the books.

Edited by welshbairn

Courier tweeting that Dundee will be Yes but not as high as previously thought. We're going to need a huge Yes from Glasgow I think.

I heard pupils taking about the vote today. Some who I thought were Yes voters were actually No. Putting aside any personal view I was very impressed by their maturity and eloquence when discussing with their Yes-supporting peers - they actually made a better case than any BT politician I have heard.

Before any of you get too suicidal, Professor John Curtice - who is no friend of the Yes campaign or Scottish nationalism in general - isn't happy about YouGov claims as the poll sample looks to be suspect:

"YouGov's on the day prediction poll is based on the responses from 1,828 people who voted today, together with 800 who had already voted by post and were interviewed previously.

The ones who were contacted today consist of respondents to one of YouGov's polls conducted earlier this week, and the company claims there has been a small shift from "Yes" to "No" among this group.

Election aficionados caution that postal voters comprise a rather high 30% of this sample."

GorgieRoad, on 18 Sept 2014 - 23:40, said:

Dundee would need to be 65%+ for Yes to have a chance. Anything less will show the silent voters have been much more prevalent for No than we thought, all but given up if I'm honest.

f**k.

Can't see Dundee being 65%+, even if Yes were to win, I still doubt Dundee would reach that level.

I heard pupils taking about the vote today. Some who I thought were Yes voters were actually No. Putting aside any personal view I was very impressed by their maturity and eloquence when discussing with their Yes-supporting peers - they actually made a better case than any BT politician I have heard.

Yeah I have been really surprised by the large number of No voters amongst the very vocal teenagers in my school. I have been really pleased at the way they have engaged with the whole thing but there have also been examples of them being very easily influenced as to how they will vote based on their parents, friends or what they have heard. We as teachers were given a few reminders as to our own conduct during the campaign so we haven't been able to engage with the kids as much as we could have.

i despise all politicians and the BT campaign was pathetic. Really reactive

Edited by Banterous