The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

If I ever win the lottery, my first extravagance would be to sponsor the Challenge Cup in Scotland. They're free to add as many colt / Irish / Welsh / Mongolian teams into the mix as they like. My one demand would be that it is renamed the "Diddly Dee Jam Jar Trophy". Fucking genius eckthearab :D

Anywhere, onto more important matters. Unless alang1993 achieves the impossible, hearty congratulations to Bullyweevilla who narrowly avoided the wooden spoon / black star a couple of weeks ago to clinch victory by 1 point. Silver stars awarded to the three third place finishers. At the bottom of the table, G_Man1985 picks up his third black mark on the trot and Richie95 needs to do Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday's quiz to also avoid the dubious accolade.

Trophy Cabinet

M

Tu

W

Th

F

TOTAL

Bully Wee Villa

eckthearab

★★

WhiteRoseKillie

Leeds Saint

★★

Edmund

Zen Archer

LongTimeLurker

Cardinal Richelieu

Jagfox99

The_Kincardine

Dayman

welshbairn

Peasy23

Jacksgranda

Swarley

Dee_62

alang1993

Supermik

die hard doonhamer

G_Man1985

★★★

Richie95

SlipperyP

Coming very shortly ... The Charles Ingram Memorial Cup.. .I'll post it as soon as my boss starts giving me work to do.  

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

THE ROMANCE OF THE CUP

So the time has arrived for the qualifying round of the Charles Ingram Memorial Cup. You can chuck the league form out the window. Eight teams are in action, each vying to get to the first round proper and perhaps pick up their first trophy of the season. And here is the trophy... I think you'll agree it's a beauty. 

Gemoji image for :trophy

Just a quick reminder of the rules:

• All people in the draw need to submit a score to me by PM (sometimes called DM for some reason) by Monday lunchtime at 12pm. If one side doesn't send a score the other goes through by default. Once both teams in each tie have submitted their score, I'll post the result. 
  • In the event of a tie, I'll post a tie-breaker which definitely won't be "What's the population of Greenland?" but will be along similar lines. Closest to the correct answer will progress on penalties. 
  • Anyone not involved in the draw can still take the quiz and post their scores in a goading fashion (especially Kincardine).. but obviously no spoilers please!
  • It's not to late to take part even if you're not in the league! Just post if you fancy picking up the resplendent silverware / goldware posted above. 

Here's the quiz to take, plundered from the Guardian in September 2013: https://www.theguardian.com/news/quiz/2013/sep/13/daily-quiz-13-september-2013

@Zen Archer vs @Ross.

@LongTimeLurker vs @die hard doonhamer

@alang1993 vs  @Richie95

@Leeds Saint vs @SlipperyP

Me, then Bully Wee Villa will take on any latecomers. 

GAME ON!!!!

A best of the week 8, missing out on Funke and mannerism. Knew that 4 on Tuesday would cost me.

Check this Oot.

RC. I hope this quiz is multiple choice or I'm fucked. I'm lucky if I could fill out a personal form without getting most wrong.

An early-kick from one of the cup games... 

Longtimelurker 8-5 Die Hard Doonhamer

Very tempted to penalise LongTimeLurker for posting his score publically rather than sending me the score through PM (as stated in the rules) but I'm feeling benevolent so I won't. 

SlipperyP - the quiz is very similar to the Aussie one we do, the only difference being there's no fecking Aussie questions in it!

2 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

An early-kick from one of the cup games... 

Longtimelurker 8-5 Die Hard Doonhamer

Very tempted to penalise LongTimeLurker for posting his score publically rather than sending me the score through PM (as stated in the rules) but I'm feeling benevolent so I won't. 

SlipperyP - the quiz is very similar to the Aussie one we do, the only difference being there's no fecking Aussie questions in it!

Throw him out! Rules are Rules - teams get punted from the Scottish Cup for breaking the rules (unless they are you know who) so are you saying LTL is a "you know who"??

We demand clarification/ to know who are these people!