The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Thought this was my chance to rise up the standings, but with a woeful 4, that's not going to happen. I thought my answer for the Pond question was spot-on (it is almost) and the less said about the Botswana question the better. 

All I've got to forward to this week is writing the numbers 1-16 on little bits of paper then putting them in a cup. 

And here's the cup draw. Late league joiners like Marr1 and WillieA will have to wait till next month's cup. From next month, I'll just take the top 16 regular players and do away with the annoying qualifying round which kinda died on its arse.

G_Man 1985 vs WhiteRoseKillie

Bully Wee Villa vs Edmund (we'll be losing a top quizzer!)

The_Kincardine vs Swarley

Alang1993 vs Die Hard Doonhamer

Jacksgranda vs SlipperyP

Supermik vs Peasy

Cardinal Richelieu vs Welshbairn

Eckthearab vs Jagfox99. 

Cup draws to be played this coming weekend. I'll post the quiz (it'll be a stinker) on Friday....

Edit: f**k. Forgot about Dee_62. Told you I'd f**k this up somehow. Still, I reckon at least one person will fail to post their score when they take the quiz, so Dee_62 will take their place. A thousand sorries. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

14 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

And here's the cup draw. Late league joiners like Marr1 and WillieA will have to wait till next month's cup. From next month, I'll just take the top 16 regular players and do away with the annoying qualifying round which kinda died on its arse.

Didn't even know there was a league having been just a sporadic visiter.

Anyhoo! Too busy fighting relegation to be distracted by a cup:(

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

G_Man 1985 vs WhiteRoseKillie

Bully Wee Villa vs Edmund (we'll be losing a top quizzer!)

The_Kincardine vs Swarley

Alang1993 vs Die Hard Doonhamer

Jacksgranda vs SlipperyP

Supermik vs Peasy

Cardinal Richelieu vs Welshbairn

Eckthearab vs Jagfox99. 

Cup draws to be played this coming weekend. I'll post the quiz (it'll be a stinker) on Friday....

Edit: f**k. Forgot about Dee_62. Told you I'd f**k this up somehow. Still, I reckon at least one person will fail to post their score when they take the quiz, so Dee_62 will take their place. A thousand sorries. 

Have already got my appeal drafted! 

So basically, I've got a bye...but into the same round.  And you just know that this will be the week that everyone will take part!

i could see myself ghosting all the way through to a semifinal at this rate!

Just now, dee_62 said:

Have already got my appeal drafted! 

So basically, I've got a bye...but into the same round.  And you just know that this will be the week that everyone will take part!

i could see myself ghosting all the way through to a semifinal at this rate!

Aye, it's fair to say I drew a cock all over this one. As a man of the cloth, I will of course let you have my place (no way I was going to beat Welshbairn anyway). If anyone doesn't submit a score, I'll play them instead - otherwise I'm out the cup without losing a match! (shades of Scotland in the 1974 World Cup). 

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Aye, it's fair to say I drew a cock all over this one. As a man of the cloth, I will of course let you have my place (no way I was going to beat Welshbairn anyway). If anyone doesn't submit a score, I'll play them instead - otherwise I'm out the cup without losing a match! (shades of Scotland in the 1974 World Cup). 

Nah, don't worry about it.  I'll just wait and see what happens.  Let's just say I fielded an ineligible player or filled in my team sheet incorrectly. I'm happy to wait for the next one if need be.  You carry on with your tie.

2 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Nah, don't worry about it.  I'll just wait and see what happens.  Let's just say I fielded an ineligible player or filled in my team sheet incorrectly. I'm happy to wait for the next one if need be.  You carry on with your tie.

This thread is much nicer than The Pregnancy Thread, I've decided. Okay. Thank you for falling on your sword. You can submit your answers as normal and I'm sure we'll squeeze you in somewhere (insert Kenneth Williams picture). 

Here's the league table... the usual suspects at the top! Good to see a couple of journeymen near the top though!

Trophy Cabinet

M

Tu

W

Th

F

TOTAL

WhiteRoseKillie

Bully Wee Villa

Supermik

The_Kincardine

Leeds Saint

★★

Dayman

Edmund

eckthearab

★★

alang1993

Cardinal Richelieu

Jagfox99

Swarley

welshbairn

WILLIEA

Peasy23

Dee_62

Marr1

SlipperyP

Jacksgranda

G_Man1985

★★★

die hard doonhamer

Richie95

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

A disastrous 2 - knew one Botswana, half sure of Mr Bates, managed to go wrong on 3 50/50swhich if they had come up would have improved matters.

Mind you, if my granny had had...

Edited by Jacksgranda