The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

43 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

I think the timer function is intrinsic to this particular website. The site is probably geared towards educational rather than recreational purposes. A bit like with flash cards, rapid repetition (in theory) consolidates knowledge.

If I can find a free site that provides a user-friendly multiple choice quiz template with no time limit, I'll be happy to give that a shot too. 

You could try the one I use to create the pub quizzes. It's slightly clunky, but it's dead easy to use. www.qzzr.com

3 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Sorry for being the newbie who asks all the questions but how does the cup work?

Fucked if I know, 3 way tie, what's that about? Triangular pitch with 3 goals? Or a qualifying round and decider?

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Sorry for being the newbie who asks all the questions but how does the cup work?

You PM your answers to whoever sets the quiz - eckthearab? He then publishes the "results".

6 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

As Jack says.  Eck will post a cup quiz tomorrow lunchtime (probably 2 parts) and you PM him your score(s).  You go through if you score more than your opponent.  A tie break question otherwise.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Fucked if I know, 3 way tie, what's that about? Triangular pitch with 3 goals? Or a qualifying round and decider?

Nah - you all post your scores to Eck.  If there's a clear winner he goes through - otherwise there's a tie break.

Last quiz for this season and and must be one of the tightest finishes for some time. Another 5/10 for me to stay beside the sea? Knew all 5, TV series, running track, chess, Oman & Invictus. Hearty congratulations to Jacksgranda & Kincy for assisting my Cup opponent and buggering up my chance of a walkover into the next round. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=6323&sectionId=1

Sorry for the Delay, @Cardinal Richelieu - Uni's been a b*****d this week

Wednesday: 6/10 - Know my insects

Thursday: 5/10 - African Politics is my shit man

Friday: 6/10 - I know my Australian Cycling stuff, it does help when your favourite pro team is Orica-Scott!

Right so, that should give me a small chance of promotion?