The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Evening all and welcome to the March final of the Diddly Dee Jamjar Trophy. The scores have been received and marked so it's time to crack on. Firstly a reminder of the questions.

First half:
Q1 Billionairess Leona Hensley is quoted as saying 'only the little people' do what?
Q2 A gnomon is part of which device?
Q3 What Italian food ingredient has a name meaning 'little belly'?
Q4 How often does a hebdomadal event take place?
Q5 The father of Kim Kardashian was a close friend and lawyer to which celebrity during their court case?
Q6 The musical My Fair Lady, what hardly ever happens in Hertford, Hereford and Hampshire?
Q7 One of Martin McGuinness' middle names was Pacelli. But who was Pacelli?
Q8 Which Premiership Rugby Union team play home games at Franklin's Gardens?
Q9 which racecourse has a section called Swinley Bottom?
Q10 At which stadium are the French Open Tennis Championships contested?

Second Half:
Q1 Established in 1744, which country, now a kingdom, was named for its founder?
Q2 What is Postman Pat's surname?
Q3 What is the only surname shared by two unrelated American Presidents?
Q4 In 1995, a broken laser was the first item to be sold where?
Q5 24 Sussex Drive is the equivalent of 10 Downing Street, in which country is it?
Q6 which country first won the Tennis Davis Cup in 2000 and has since won it a further 4 times?
Q7 Fullerene is the name given to a molecule containing only which element?
Q8 Georgina Baillie was involved in which much publicised scandal in 2008?
Q9 Which musician who died in 1986 was the son-in-law of Leslie Crowther?
Q10 who is the famous aunt of the deceased Whitney Houston?

Q1 both players answered taxes and both were correct 1-1
Q2 WRK answered sundial and Eed answered Jamaican gnome. WRK got this point 2-1
Q3 both players answered tortellini. Both wrong, it's pancetta. Score remains the same
Q4 again same answer from both with weekly. Again both correct. WRK still leads though, 3-2
Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 and Q10, both players agreeing on answers with, OJ Simpson, Hurricanes, a pope, Northampton Saints, Ascot and Roland Garros. Run of correct answers from both players to give a half time score of WRK 9-8 Eednud.

Onto the second half.
Q1 both players have Saudi Arabia as their answer and both correct. 1-1
Q2 WRK said Clifton and Eed answered A'cake, WRK correct, 2-1
Q3 - Q5, both players answered the same and were correct with Johnson (Andrew and Lyndon B.), eBay and Canada. WRK still leads 5-4.
Q6 WRK gave Croatia as his answer and was wrong. Eed answered Spain and was correct to tie the second half score at 5-5.
Q7 - Q9 same correct answers given. Carbon, Andrew Sachs and Phil Lynott.
And so Q10, with WRK having a 1 point lead could he slip up and allow Eed in to square the match? WRK answered Dionne Warwick and Eed answered Aretha Franklin.
The correct answer was.............
Dinner Warwick meaning Eednud came so close but ended up still so far. WRK takes the second half 9-8 giving a final score of WRK 18 - 16 Eednud.
Congratulations to WRK who has certainly made this cup his own. So much in fact he didn't even bother bringing it to the match such was his confidence [emoji23]
So while the celebrations and the lap of honour continues it's time for me to say goodbye and thanks for watching this month's Diddly Dee Jamjar Trophy Final.
We'll of course be back next month to do it all again, and to see if someone can wrestle the trophy from Whiterosekillie.
Well done Whiterosekillie!!

4 hours ago, Eednud said:

Specially for Kinky it's the Tuesday quiz very early on Tuesday when it's not Tuesday for most. Another 5/10, knew Baku, Pippi L, where the Orinoco flows & FA Cup, guessed gemstone. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=6493&sectionId=1

Sake.  Posting the quiz before The Archers?  Poor show, chap :P

Hard lines in the cup but you were never going to beat the quizzing machine that is WRK with answers like 'Jamaican gnome' and 'A'cake'!

Q10 who is the famous aunt of the deceased Whitney Houston?

The correct answer was.............
Dinner Warwick meaning Eednud came so close but ended up still so far. WRK takes the second half 9-8 giving a final score of WRK 18 - 16 Eednud.
Congratulations to WRK who has certainly made this cup his own. So much in fact he didn't even bother bringing it to the match such was his confidence [emoji23]
So while the celebrations and the lap of honour continues it's time for me to say goodbye and thanks for watching this month's Diddly Dee Jamjar Trophy Final.
We'll of course be back next month to do it all again, and to see if someone can wrestle the trophy from Whiterosekillie.
Well done Whiterosekillie!!

Well done WRK.

It won't change the outcome but I reckon Second Half question 10 answer is incorrect. Dionne Dinner Warwick was Whitney Houston's cousin as Whitney's mother was Dionne's Aunty Cissy. I could be wrong.

Well done WRK.

It won't change the outcome but I reckon Second Half question 10 answer is incorrect. Dionne Dinner Warwick was Whitney Houston's cousin as Whitney's mother was Dionne's Aunty Cissy. I could be wrong.

I think you're at least partly right - I think it's one of those families where generations overlap,and cousins can be seen as aunts/uncles and vice versa.