The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

22 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

7 for Thursday. Some guy I've never heard of, athletics and Internet acronym let me down.

Managed to guess the athletics one... amazing to think that this person was still competing at a top level at the age of 52. Puts Craig Brewster to shame!

Anyway, here's Thursday's league tables. 

Jagfox is still grimly hanging on to the top-spot, although MSU have something to say about that when he crawls out his wanking chariot. Downstairs, WRK has gone very quiet...

1-prem.png.590d9c390fee71a68070c92f29acaeb5.png

Tynieness and Deej are still ruling the roost in the SWL, although there's still a few teams in contention for a play-off, including me. Maybe they'll cancel the Archers and Kincardine will forget to log in and take Friday's quiz. We can but hope. 

2-steal.png.c8327c88a12242de6c577934aaac4fd2.png

And in the basement league, Eednud has "opened his legs and showed his class" .. BWV is still dreaming, and DA is looking good for a play-off in his first season in charge. 

3--bhl.png.9f788f827512425750283734f4525ab5.png

Not seen Dyl or DHD all week... thinking of removing any absent players from this weekend's Ride Her Haggard cup fixtures.. or would that be too controversial?

Managed to guess the athletics one... amazing to think that this person was still competing at a top level at the age of 52. Puts Craig Brewster to shame!
Jagfox is still grimly hanging on to the top-spot, although MSU have something to say about that when he crawls out his wanking chariot. Downstairs, WRK has gone very quiet...
Tynieness and Deej are still ruling the roost in the SWL, although there's still a few teams in contention for a play-off, including me. Maybe they'll cancel the Archers and Kincardine will forget to log in and take Friday's quiz. We can but hope. 
And in the basement league, Eednud has "opened his legs and showed his class" .. BWV is still dreaming, and DA is looking good for a play-off in his first season in charge. 
Not seen Dyl or DHD all week... thinking of removing any absent players from this weekend's Ride Her Haggard cup fixtures.. or would that be too controversial?

I've had serious access issues this week, but I'll get onto it as soon as I'vee got back from the delights of Quorn this aft.

37 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Makes more sense than removing players that actually show up, eh Cardinal?

I'm mindful that "he who posteth the quiz first shall verily attaineth a shite score" ... On the other hand, I'm at work and "between tasks" (i.e. I finished the last one this morning and can't be arsed starting the next one until tomorrow).. so here it is..

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=7373&sectionId=1

1. Was a shoo-in since someone on this thread was talking about wimples the other day (I think)
  2. Never heard of the character, the TV show or any of its potential actors. Total guess.
  3. Another shoo-in (I hope)
  4. Sigh. Yet another Far East question. Educated guess based on the word. 
  5. Thought that said Suprasorbital ... an educated stab in the dark
  6. Well it's down to 1 in 3. Guess
  7. Yass. Shoo-in. 3 in the bag. 
  8. Another tap-in. 
  9. Yet another one. Trouble is, everyone will find them easy. 
  10. Harrumph. What a c**t-bubble of a question. 

Reckon I got 6..... now to find out. 

... SEVEN! Happy enough with that. 

8/10, that should keep me safe.  Actress and music screwed me - bloody Arts subjects.  And I talked myself out of the right answer for the music one by trying to overthink it.

Pleasing 9 for Friday. Knew 6, and had varying degrees of confidence (from moderate to high) about the TV show, temple and comparatively-sized country to Iceland. Was between two for the album artist, but went the wrong way.