The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How the f**k did you get 8? Knew one, a lucky 4.

Only had to guess at the Mercury question (and the 2 Aussie questions, obviously).  The other 7 were all good general knowledge questions.  And, when I say 'good', I mean that I knew the answers.

4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

How would anyone feel about dinghying the Ozzie quiz and moving to a themed format? 

I’m definitely in favour of ditching the Aussie quiz for a themed quiz. Had my fill of Aussie sport and politics.

On this week’s quizzes: solid start with 8 for Mon and 9 for Tuesday. Knew the majority, Aussie politics caught me out on Tuesday. Landed a guess on Aussie sport on Monday.

Edited by Frankie S

So the consensus is for change, although not sure how many people are up for a themed quiz. 

How does this one sound? Some of the questions seem a bit easy but they do daily themed quizzes. 

https://lovattspuzzles.com/online-puzzles-competitions/daily-online-trivia-quiz/

Oh, and my score today...

seven-swans.jpg

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

THere's enough jokers on here alreadt without the need to introduce another. Not a fan of a themed quiz and would prefer to stick to The Australian quiz as it's the closest to the old Guardian one. The Australian questions are hardly ever beneficial to us Aussie quizzers. 

For the official quiz 7/10 knew BMW, African capital, World Cup, Batman and Billy E. Guessed Aus G-G and Mercury.

8/10 for the KK one

The Lovatt's link wouldn't show any quiz using Chrome will try different browser and iPad later.

7/10 for Tuesday.

And....... extra time in the quarter final of the cup between kincardine and tynieness is over.
I asked:
How many shops are there in Oxford Street, also known as Europe's busiest shopping street?
Tynieness plumped for 400 and stated he hated shopping.
Kincardine plumped for 500.
If the answer was 450 then we would be going to penalties.
Unfortunately for tynieness the answer is 548 so kincardine will be in the semi final to be played over Xmas weekend. He joins Cowden0, SlipperyP and Alang1993 as the final 4.

THere's enough jokers on here alreadt without the need to introduce another. Not a fan of a themed quiz and would prefer to stick to The Australian quiz as it's the closest to the old Guardian one. The Australian questions are hardly ever beneficial to us Aussie quizzers. 

I'm happy to keep the Aussie quiz. Maybe use the others for tie-breakers or cup ties? I moan about the Aussie questions but I'd miss trying to work out whether the Wollonwonka Battle Frogs side of 1976 were better than Snake Bay Bombers, really.