The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

42 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Fairly obvious I thought.

You'd think that, but I don't even know if you're talking about the cup or the league. 

24 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

1st time tried.

Thursday.  5.

Welcome! If you want to join the league, you'll need to take the other quizzes for this week:

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz-archive

There used to be daily league tables but some w****r's let things slide a bit. 

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

@Cardinal Richelieu, when is cut off for cut.

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Sorry. Don't speak gobbledygook. Wtf do you mean?

While we all enjoy the schoolboy "haud the jaikets" Mod on Mod ongoing spat between Tiny and Cardi the real quizzing action for we gob-splattered anoraks is, of course, back on Radio 4.

Round Britain Quiz is back!  Hoorah:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001t9z

One for a more select audience and for those of us who remember Tracey MacLeod when she was pumpable is an old episode of All the way from Memphis (Aye, Mot the Hoople):  https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00jnlsm

The highlight of this yin is a short riff from Billy Connolly and Gerry Rafferty when they were together in The Humblebums with the truly shocking fact that Baker Street only reached No 3 in the charts being pipped by Blondie but that DIVORCE was a chart-topper!  Whoever said the great British public had taste?  They are c***s to a man.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

While we all enjoy the schoolboy "haud the jaikets" Mod on Mod ongoing spat between Tiny and Cardi the real quizzing action for we gob-splattered anoraks is, of course, back on Radio 4.

Round Britain Quiz is back!  Hoorah:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001t9z

One for a more select audience and for those of us who remember Tracey MacLeod when she was pumpable is an old episode of All the way from Memphis (Aye, Mot the Hoople):  https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00jnlsm

The highlight of this yin is a short riff from Billy Connolly and Gerry Rafferty when they were together in The Humblebums with the truly shocking fact that Baker Street only reached No 3 in the charts being pipped by Blondie but that DIVORCE was a chart-topper!  Whoever said the great British public had taste?  They are c***s to a man.

Bob Holness will be turning in his grave. :(

13 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm back on terra firma with a glut of cup scores to give you. It's very exciting I can tell you . Just to remind you, the scores were Old Guard 9 - 15 Young Whippersnappers ... 

Here's all the completed ties so far ...

Edmund 11 8 JamesP_81

scotfree 11 9 MSU

Dyl 8 8 Christophe

LiviLion 8 9 German Jag

ArmadaleKillie 8 8 Helpma

pleslie99 9 8 SlipperyP

Bully Wee Villa 7 6 gkneil

Well shit just got real. A late run from the Old Guard pushes the scores to OG 14 - 17 YS. This could be a repeat of that Ryder Cup competition a few years ago where one side came back and beat the other (sorry, don't know anything about golf but I'm sure it had a nickname and some people got quite excited about it). 

Time to tag the late ones ...

OLD GUARD: @Leeds Saint @G_Man1985 @jagfox99 @Dee Man @Frankie S @die hard doonhamer @welshbairn @Jacksgranda @cowden0 @peasy23 @alang1993 @KnightswoodBear

YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPERS: @DublinMagyar @Tynierose @Goober Bud @blackislekillie @Ziggy @The Captain @Audaces Fortuna Juvat @Salvo Montalbano @LincolnHearts @BigBo10 @CaspianChris

https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=untitled-quiz_15995er

Sorry there hasn't been any league tables so far ... I've said 7 Hail Marys and 12 How's Yer Fathers as penance. 

Apologies sir, thought it was a one-off cup competition. Not been on the site much lately tbh.

Small confession for you lads. The only reason I actually organise the cup is so that I get lots of PMs and impress birds in pubs with how popular I am. 

And with that in mind ... it seems that the Old Guard's late charge has petered out somewhat. 

Jagfox99 10 5 NJ2
die hard doonhamer 3 7 Adam101
Jacksgranda 5 10 Mark Connolly
Swarley 9 9 LincolnHearts
Zen Archer 8 4 BigBo10
Alang1993 9 8 The_Kincardine
KnightswoodBear 8 9 CaspianChris

Old Guard 17.5 - 20.5 Young Whippersnappers ... but there are still TEN ties to play so still all to play for. 

Re: the bonus point.  I'll reveal all on Sunday (and I'll tell you how to get the bonus point lol) .. but basically, only 4 teams so far have managed to RTFQ. 

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Small confession for you lads. The only reason I actually organise the cup is so that I get lots of PMs and impress birds in pubs with how popular I am. 

And with that in mind ... it seems that the Old Guard's late charge has petered out somewhat. 

Jagfox99 10 5 NJ2
die hard doonhamer 3 7 Adam101
Jacksgranda 5 10 Mark Connolly
Swarley 9 9 LincolnHearts
Zen Archer 8 4 BigBo10
Alang1993 9 8 The_Kincardine
KnightswoodBear 8 9 CaspianChris

Old Guard 17.5 - 20.5 Young Whippersnappers ... but there are still TEN ties to play so still all to play for. 

Re: the bonus point.  I'll reveal all on Sunday (and I'll tell you how to get the bonus point lol) .. but basically, only 4 teams so far have managed to RTFQ. 

Who's yer granda now Jack?

I'm really sorry.

59 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Not enough anamosity in this cup comp

How about you give me your Wednesday score for the league, you fucking gimp. 

I appreciate this is league animosity rather than cup animosity, but it's the best I can do. 

... anyway, I've caught up with all the league paperwork ... here are the missing scores. Can't be arsed tagging, but if you meet any of the names mentioned below in the pub tonight, you might like to remind them:

• Premiershit: Audaces Fortuna Juvat (all week), Alang1993 (Tue-Fri), Salvo Mantalbano (Thu-Fri), The_Kincardine (Fri)
  • SWL: Dublin Magyar (all week), MSU (all week), Adam101 (Wed), Helpma (Fri)
  • BHL: sureiknow (Mon-Wed, Fri), Goober Bud (all week), Jacksgranda (Fri), JamesP_81 (Fri), Cardinal Richelieu (Thu, Fri)

I'm off for a shite, after which, I'm sure I'll have some more paperwork to do. Ho ho ho. 

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

How about you give me your Wednesday score for the league, you fucking gimp. 

I appreciate this is league animosity rather than cup animosity, but it's the best I can do. 

... anyway, I've caught up with all the league paperwork ... here are the missing scores. Can't be arsed tagging, but if you meet any of the names mentioned below in the pub tonight, you might like to remind them:

• Premiershit: Audaces Fortuna Juvat (all week), Alang1993 (Tue-Fri), Salvo Mantalbano (Thu-Fri), The_Kincardine (Fri)
  • SWL: Dublin Magyar (all week), MSU (all week), Adam101 (Wed), Helpma (Fri)
  • BHL: sureiknow (Mon-Wed, Fri), Goober Bud (all week), Jacksgranda (Fri), JamesP_81 (Fri), Cardinal Richelieu (Thu, Fri)

I'm off for a shite, after which, I'm sure I'll have some more paperwork to do. Ho ho ho. 

Sorry Cardi.  I thought I'd posted it.  6 for Fri.