The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Thanks you @Cardinal Richelieu. The pleasure was all yours. Was thinking maybe the  Wooden Spoon could have a column, so we can see who the real fikos are. Souls among  us demand to know.

Never stopped pishing it down this week, so I've not been out much, have a ace for the Playoff.  Yes Play Off Time.

This week on serve are;

Little & Large

@Ziggy v @German Jag

&

Mary, Sue & Bob

@The DA v @Ross. v @blackislekillie

Novak Djokovic won the Mens Single Championship at Wimbledon in 2018, 6-2 6-2 7-6 against Kevin Anderson. A total of 29 games were played in that final.  How many games were played in the entire tournament (mens singles only).

Answer must be Hawkeyed to the PM court no longer than 06:00 Monday TT

Good Luck everyone.

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Thanks you @Cardinal Richelieu. The pleasure was all yours. Was thinking maybe the  Wooden Spoon could have a column, so we can see who the real fikos are. Souls among  us demand to know.

Never stopped pishing it down this week, so I've not been out much, have a ace for the Playoff.  Yes Play Off Time.

This week on serve are;

Little & Large

@Ziggy v @German Jag

&

Mary, Sue & Bob

@The DA v @Ross. v @blackislekillie

Novak Djokovic won the Mens Single Championship at Wimbledon in 2018, 6-2 6-2 7-6 against Kevin Anderson. A total of 29 games were played in that final.  How many games were played in the entire tournament (mens singles only).

Answer must be Hawkeyed to the PM court no longer than 06:00 Monday TT

Good Luck everyone.

Answer submitted.

A little latter than usual today.

Time please!

Little & Large

@Ziggy 

I’ll show my workings Slip, I reckon there are 128 players in the competition, if that’s right then that’s 127 matches multiplied by a guess of 41 games per match. My guess is 5,207.

if there aren’t 128 players then i’ll guess Honshu.

v @German Jag 4000. Based on 64 1st round games so 127 in total. Avg. of 3½ sets per match and 9 games per set.

&

Mary, Sue & Bob

@The DA Worked out via an insanely complicated secret formula to be 4,590.

@Ross.I think there are 63 ties in the mens tournament. 29 games per tie would seem a little low, so I’m saying 35 is closer to the average. 35 * 63 = 2205 games.

v @blackislekillie FAULT

• 4,734 games

Congratulations to @Ziggy & @The DA

See you in the future.

42 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

A little latter than usual today.

Time please!

Little & Large

@Ziggy 

I’ll show my workings Slip, I reckon there are 128 players in the competition, if that’s right then that’s 127 matches multiplied by a guess of 41 games per match. My guess is 5,207.

if there aren’t 128 players then i’ll guess Honshu.

v @German Jag 4000. Based on 64 1st round games so 127 in total. Avg. of 3½ sets per match and 9 games per set.

&

Mary, Sue & Bob

@The DA Worked out via an insanely complicated secret formula to be 4,590.

@Ross.I think there are 63 ties in the mens tournament. 29 games per tie would seem a little low, so I’m saying 35 is closer to the average. 35 * 63 = 2205 games.

v @blackislekillie FAULT

• 4,734 games

Congratulations to @Ziggy & @The DA

See you in the future.

@Ross, if you'd got the right number of matches, you'd have been closest of us all - 127 matches (64 in the first round) at 37 games per match (apparently) = 4,699 games.

Edited by The DA

4 minutes ago, The DA said:

@Ross, if you'd got the right number of matches, you'd have been closest of us all - 127 matches (64 in the first round) at 37 games per match (apparently) = 4,699 games.

Story of my life. Couldn't remember if it started at the last 64 players or with 64 ties. That extra round was the difference...

7/10 for Monday.

On 06/07/2019 at 08:42, Cardinal Richelieu said:

In the BHL, it's a romp from Adamski, with JamesP ascending into heaven the SWL. It's neck and neck between Ross and blackislekillie so they're both in the play-offs. deej  - a once solid top-tabler, must be wondering WTF he needs to do to relive his glory days. 

image.png.f62575335a4c17d8d14d227f49396b64.png

Why was I not in a playoff? It's either cause I never got an 8, blatant discrimination against returning quizzers, or you have something against three-ways. 

I'm pretty sure it's the second one. Definitely not the third. 

14 minutes ago, deej said:

Why was I not in a playoff? It's either cause I never got an 8, blatant discrimination against returning quizzers, or you have something against three-ways. 

I'm pretty sure it's the second one. Definitely not the third. 

The correct answer to all 3 questions is YES