The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

10, thankfully I've been doing this long enough to get used to his writing style, as question 2 should say volume. Area is confusing word to use.
Should it though? I think the volume of one of the potential answers is bigger than the area of the correct response? An area of a loch isn't that confusing either - it's easier to see on a map which loch is larger in area, but unless you have depth charts then its impossible to know which loch has the bigger volume from a map.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
2 hours ago, Silky Si McFly said:
10, thankfully I've been doing this long enough to get used to his writing style, as question 2 should say volume. Area is confusing word to use.

Should it though? I think the volume of one of the potential answers is bigger than the area of the correct response? An area of a loch isn't that confusing either - it's easier to see on a map which loch is larger in area, but unless you have depth charts then its impossible to know which loch has the bigger volume from a map.

This is correct. I got this one wrong on that basis. Slight spoiler:- 

Spoiler

The volume of one of the answers exceeds the combined volume of all the others as far as I recall but has a smaller surface area than the correct one which surprised me. It is far deeper than the others, although not the deepest in the country which is Morar I think. Having checked, the question and answer are fair enough as stated.

4 hours ago, Silky Si McFly said:

That's you now added, "By volume what is Scotland's largest Loch?" to your quiz bank - and you'd better not use the answer to today's Q or there will be a riot in the pub...

12 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Hi All,

My name is @SlipperyP I'll be your host for this week.  More than willing to answer your question during these difficult times, just post on here if you have anything to say.

Mondays league tables are brought to you by Millie Jackson - If You're Not Back in Love by Monday

wsl230320.png

2nd230320.png

p230320.png

Wondered where I'd disappeared to, then I remembered I had been promoted.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

8 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I see what you did there. It let me down too. I've seen the film and I had no idea that NAME REDACTED was in it. 

8 out of 10. Never heard of the song and but I'd wager a pound to a penny that it's shite. 

EDIT: It's actually quite good. Shows you how much I know. 

Roughly 80% of everything?

On 23/03/2020 at 14:33, Bully Wee Villa said:

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack.

Eight for Monday, you slags.

I genuinely thought you were no longer with us and they had kept your space on the league as a mark of respect. 

Well  I'm very pleased that I got that totally wrong.  🥳

44 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

I genuinely thought you were no longer with us and they had kept your space on the league as a mark of respect. 

Well  I'm very pleased that I got that totally wrong.  🥳

It's nice to see how much my posts get noticed! 😄