The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

7/10, knew 2 so happy with my guesswork!

Edit: f**k, do I have to start again in the bottom league because I’ve got a new account? Do I keep my previous successes? Does it go to a vote of all the other clubs?

On 23/10/2017 at 23:28, alang1993 said:

Cheers. Will fix it for the next set of tables. On a side note, why the f**k is Kincardine called pickled herring? Spent a good 10 minutes looking for his name amongst the 3 leagues :lol:

On 23/10/2017 at 23:39, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think that's a Cardinal jape but I can't remember if he ever shared its origin with the rest of us.

It's what passes as humour amongst 17th Century Roman clerics or privately educated 20th Century school boys (since the dear leader has a foot in both camps).  The moniker is quite funny but the story is desultory.  

I mentioned 1. to @welshbairn that our local Tesco had started to stock jars of Swedish-style marinated herring  and 2. to someone else (can't recall who) that he should be careful about being cheeky to HE as his newly elevated position as Mod gave him extensive powers.  The bold Cardi then took it upon himself to change my profile (inc. avatar) to that of a Celtic fan and dub me pickled_herring.

Apparently he was carried shoulder high through the dining hall of the college of cardinals for showing the greatest wit since Ignatious Loyala lifted his cassock and held a candle to one of his farts.

On 23/10/2017 at 23:46, Eednud said:

Kinky likes a good sousing. :whistle

Ya cheeky scamp.  Have a Charles...just because I like you.

11 hours ago, gkneil said:

I believe I should still be in the Beazer Homes league after a 4th place finish last week

Or do you have the leagues in the wrong order!!!???

An honest man.  I'm surprised some of the posters in the purportive middle league haven't complained about having a nose bleed due to their elevated height!

Phew.  7/10 for Wednesday.

Edited by The_Kincardine