The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Quiz master is always right 😀

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

And the original question didn't mention that he was after a film so my first guess was the date the book came out!

Bloody Hell, this is even worse than when the Cardinal is running things! 😟

He is doing a great job.

Apologies for the lateness of the tables, completely forgot I was out early last night and was in no fit state once I returned. Anyway, @Ziggy gets his first gong despite threats of retirement mid week. @Mark Connolly, @The_Kincardine & @Eednud plummet through the trap door. @Silky Si McFly in the play off.

image.png.ebc9f04433c8076488f6a8bd2bf8724d.png

Oh look who it is at the top of the SWL, lil ole me. Only problem is that @Rugster geezer happens to be there too. @SlipperyP we need a play off for the title. @8MileBU joins us with the big boys and @wastecoatwilly in the promotion playoffs along with @Spring Onion in the relegation version. Down go @CaspianChris, @The Captain and obviously suffering a nosebleed from the altitude @Jacksgranda.

image.png.1347a56d3ea1746dd75a026f0fac4823.png

Last but not least the return of some 'big' hitters @Tynierose @NJ2 & @BigBo10. @gkneil in the playoff.

image.png.64873b52ab3f3c5b49ab223c9cc06d95.png

Over to you slippers for the play off. Also, I've done a 2 week turn, who's next? PM me your e-mail and I'll share the file

And the original question didn't mention that he was after a film so my first guess was the date the book came out!
Bloody Hell, this is even worse than when the Cardinal is running things! [emoji45]
To be fair, it was extra time in a Disney round... and the extra time in the first round (about Scottish football) was about Scottish football. And I've been unceremoniously pumped out the cup, so I'm not after a favourable draw for the next round.

1 hour ago, Leeds Saint said:

Apologies for the lateness of the tables, completely forgot I was out early last night and was in no fit state once I returned. Anyway, @Ziggy gets his first gong despite threats of retirement mid week. @Mark Connolly, @The_Kincardine & @Eednud plummet through the trap door. @Silky Si McFly in the play off.

image.png.ebc9f04433c8076488f6a8bd2bf8724d.png

Oh look who it is at the top of the SWL, lil ole me. Only problem is that @Rugster geezer happens to be there too. @SlipperyP we need a play off for the title. @8MileBU joins us with the big boys and @wastecoatwilly in the promotion playoffs along with @Spring Onion in the relegation version. Down go @CaspianChris, @The Captain and obviously suffering a nosebleed from the altitude @Jacksgranda.

image.png.1347a56d3ea1746dd75a026f0fac4823.png

Last but not least the return of some 'big' hitters @Tynierose @NJ2 & @BigBo10. @gkneil in the playoff.

image.png.64873b52ab3f3c5b49ab223c9cc06d95.png

Over to you slippers for the play off. Also, I've done a 2 week turn, who's next? PM me your e-mail and I'll share the file

You'd be as well punting me down beside BWV for the next wee while

Thanks you @Leeds Saint, it's been a breathtaking 2 weeks, well worth the wait.

The moon has been out all day, so get ready for Play Off #126 and some pishy trophy for the League that nobody cares about.

2nd Division Champions Play Off

@Leeds Saint v @Rugster

Sitting on the tarmac waiting for take off this week are are;

Philly Flyers

@Silky Si McFly  Making his debut

v

@wastecoatwilly P 10 W2 L7 last app 25th Jan 2020

Fife Flingers

@Spring Onion P5 W3 L2 last app 18th Jan 2020

v

@gkneil P15 W8 L7 last app 24th Apr 2019

Question - What is the furthest flying distance in miles between 2 neighbouring countries capitals with a land border?

Answers to be signaled into my PM tower no later than 07:00 Monday TT.

All the best!

Edited by SlipperyP

To be fair, it was extra time in a Disney round... and the extra time in the first round (about Scottish football) was about Scottish football. And I've been unceremoniously pumped out the cup, so I'm not after a favourable draw for the next round.
Thanks, yes it was the disney film as it was a disney round after all! If I was vague in the question then folk should've got more right in the main event to prevent extra time [emoji6]
I would consider setting a new question but I cant be arsed and taking a leaf out the Cardigans book, "when the quizmaster is wrong, the quizmaster is always right"

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Me and @alang1993 rocking Cardi's leaving do

IMG_20200216_185612.jpg

Round 1 "Pot Luck" and the answers are "Straw, Bricks and Wood".  I have huffed and puffed but I still can't for the fucking life of me imagine the question...

Edited by The_Kincardine

Well done @101 and @alang1993 .... the "Pie and Bovril Reserves" finished in a very respectable 4th.

Let's not dwell on the fact that there were only 6 teams in the fecking thing. Two of which didn't even want to take part and had to be persuaded. 

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Well done @101 and @alang1993 .... the "Pie and Bovril Reserves" finished in a very respectable 4th.

Let's not dwell on the fact that there were only 6 teams in the fecking thing. Two of which didn't even want to take part and had to be persuaded. 

One was "Pie and Bovril Reserves", who was the other?

Edited by alang1993

The sun has got his hat on and time is up..

2nd Division Champions Play Off

@Leeds Saint My guess would be Beijing and Moscow and therefore 5000 miles

v

@Rugster I reckon Moscow to Beijing. f**k knows how far. I’ll guess 9,000 miles.

Sitting on the tarmac waiting for take off this week are were;

Philly Flyers

@Silky Si McFly  Making his debut

My first ever play off so watch me horrendously over think this. I think it's between Moscow and Beijing. I took the train between those two cities once and for some reason the number 8868 is sticking with me. I think that was the distance in kilometres though, so convert to miles and subtract a bit for a flight going more direct  My answer is 5314 miles

v

@wastecoatwilly P 10 W2 L7 last app 25th Jan 2020

Thinking Russia and china must be abut 3,300 miles.

Fife Flingers

@Spring Onion P5 W3 L2 last app 18th Jan 2020

I'm going to go between Russia and China, must be at least 3000 miles between them. 

v

@gkneil P15 W8 L7 last app 24th Apr 2019

NO SCORE

Question - What is the furthest flying distance in miles between 2 neighbouring countries capitals with a land border?

Non of the numb-sculls got both capitals correct, however 2nd Division Champion for the man on the leagues @Leeds Saint, congratulations.   

Play off win for @wastecoatwilly cruising high now in the top league (which I think may be for the first time),  @Silky Si McFly on his debut, obviously  nerves got to him and plummeted like a Ukrainian Airliner.  Also big up for @Spring Onion glided to his win without too much head wind as @gkneil never checked it.

Have a nice week everyone.