The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

43 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

So we had a tie-breaker to decide the Premiership champion, as well as who was getting promoted / relegated in the play-offs. 

I asked the question, "What height is the tallest hill in The Netherlands?" ... the answer was 322.7m, and it's called Vaalserberg. And here it is, what a whopper. 

420px-Ac_vaalserberg.JPG

So in the play-off, Edmund guessed 142 metres and "Honest" Eckthearab 900 metres, so congrats to Edmund and hard cheese to Eck, who I'm sure will bounce back in no time. 

And in the play-off for the Premiership crown, Alang guessed 33 metres, and WhiteRoseKillie guessed 14 asl .. I asked him to clarify and he said he meant 147 asl, which was a bit confusing, until I realised he was talking about above sea level, and not age / sex / location, or American Sign Language. So in traditionally dubious circumstances, WhiteRoseKillie is crowned the champion for Week 6, and Alang1993 gets a very creditable second place. 

League tables to follow tomorrow. We'll have the semis of the quiz tomorrow, then the final on Monday (since there are 5 rounds in the cup and only 4 weekends in January). 

Have to say if I'd was alang I'd be putting a complaint in to some dead tribunal of Raith Rovers officials. The question was quite clear in stating that metres were required, nothing else, and WhiteRoseKillie fucked it up by being poncy with his nautical terminology. Disgraceful decision.

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

So we had a tie-breaker to decide the Premiership champion, as well as who was getting promoted / relegated in the play-offs. 

I asked the question, "What height is the tallest hill in The Netherlands?" ... the answer was 322.7m, and it's called Vaalserberg. And here it is, what a whopper. 

420px-Ac_vaalserberg.JPG

So in the play-off, Edmund guessed 142 metres and "Honest" Eckthearab 900 metres, so congrats to Edmund and hard cheese to Eck, who I'm sure will bounce back in no time. 

And in the play-off for the Premiership crown, Alang guessed 33 metres, and WhiteRoseKillie guessed 14 asl .. I asked him to clarify and he said he meant 147 asl, which was a bit confusing, until I realised he was talking about above sea level, and not age / sex / location, or American Sign Language. So in traditionally dubious circumstances, WhiteRoseKillie is crowned the champion for Week 6, and Alang1993 gets a very creditable second place. 

League tables to follow tomorrow. We'll have the semis of the quiz tomorrow, then the final on Monday (since there are 5 rounds in the cup and only 4 weekends in January). 

Well done WRK. Only just realised that I misread the question:lol:

I read  " The Netherlands is renowned as being a flat country. what height above sea-level is its highest point?" as " what height is The Netherlands above sea level?"

I'll blame it on still being pished from St Mirren's cup result :ph34r:

Edit - I agree with welshbairn's post. For all we know, asl could be a random measurement most of us haven't heard of(thus making the result void:angry: :guns )

Edited by alang1993

In the Premiership, the new and rising Tynieness has opened up a 2 point lead at this early stage. The_Kincardine is still MIA and Deej obviously has better things to do in Poland then do quizzes ;)

Position Team Trophy Cabinet Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Total
1 Tynieness   9 7       16
2 WhiteRoseKillie 9x© 3x② 8 6       14
3 Edmund 4x② 1xBZ 7 7       14
4 Frankie S 1x© 1x② 7 6       13
5 WILLIEA 1x© 7 6       13
6 Scotfree   7 5       12
7 Leeds Saint 1x© 2x② 6 6       12
8 Peasy23   5 6       11
9 Cardinal Richelieu 1xBZ 5 6       11
10 Die Hard Doonhamer   5 5       10
11 Welshbairn   4 5       9
12 Alang1993 4x© 3x② 1xBZ 7         7
13 Deej 3x②           0
14 The_Kincardine             0

But as usual, it's the Beazer Homes League that supplies all the excitement. We now have 17 teams, including @Audaces Fortuna Juvat whose name is not only a b*****d to spell correctly, but I also had to expand the Team column to accommodate it. Don't ask me why Blackislekillie's score for Monday isn't coloured in .. tbh, these tables have never been the same since I let The_Kincardine mess about with the colour scheme. 

There's quite a few big names in this league, so it's going to be hard to get promoted. Arabdownunder is certainly making his intentions clear with a 2 point gap. 

Position Team Trophy Cabinet Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Total
1 Arabdownunder 3x© 1x② 6 8       14
2 Eckthearab 5x② 6 6       12
3 Blackislekillie 1xBZ 6 6       12
4 Bully Wee Villa 1x© 6 6       12
5 Livi Lion   4 6       10
6 Ross.   4 5       9
7 Marr1   4 4       8
8 Swarley   3 5       8
9 Supermik   4 4       8
10 Dee_62   4 3       7
11 SlipperyP   3 3       6
12 Audaces Fortuna Juvat   6         6
13 Jagfox99 4x② 1xBZ 5         5
14 BigBo10   2 3       5
15 Dee Man   1 4       5
16 Gman_1985   3         3
17 Jacksgranda   2         2

11 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=6043&sectionId=1

8/10 for Tuesday. Let down by the two music questions

A bit better today, 6/10, only knew the Roman numeral, but fairly sure of the lake, half a notion for nr 1 (search engine), wild but inspired guesses for female athlete, stressful life events and politician.