The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

5 minutes ago, eckthearab said:

Sorry Cardy but looks like myself and arabdownunder both finished on 25 emoji20.png with myself having a 7 in the week putting me above him on goal difference and jagfox finishing bottom. You on the sauce cardy? emoji23.png

I wish I was. Sorry, trying to apply for jobs, arrange a birthday party AND sort out the league! 

To clarify ... Jagfox and Arabdownunder are down. Leeds Saint is face. You (i.e. Eckthearab) need to PM about the Dutch hillock, and I'm a pillock.

Position Team Trophy Cabinet Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Total
1 WhiteRoseKillie 8x© 3x② 9 7 8 9 8 41
2 Alang1993 4x© 2x② 1xBZ 9 8 7 9 8 41
3 Deej 3x② 6 7 9 9 8 39
4 Tynieness   9 7 6 9 5 36
5 Frankie S 1x© 1x② 7 7 6 6 8 34
6 WILLIEA 1x© 7 5 7 6 7 32
7 The_Kincardine   6 6 4 8 7 31
8 Welshbairn   4 4 6 9 6 29
9 Scotfree   7 5 5 4 7 28
10 Peasy23   4 8 3 7 5 27
11 Leeds Saint 1x© 2x② 4 5 4 7 6 26
12 Eckthearab 5x② 7 5 4 4 5 25
13 Arabdownunder 3x© 1x② 5 5 3 6 6 25
14 Jagfox99 4x② 1xBZ 4 3 3 5 5 20

Damn - 2nd bottom when the initial results came out - only for me to drop to the East Stirlingshire position with the new league tables!!!  Right, serious re-think on guessing tactics.  May resort to pinning the tail on the donkey approach. (although, on reflection, that's pretty much my guessing technique at the moment).

So we had a tie-breaker to decide the Premiership champion, as well as who was getting promoted / relegated in the play-offs. 

I asked the question, "What height is the tallest hill in The Netherlands?" ... the answer was 322.7m, and it's called Vaalserberg. And here it is, what a whopper. 

420px-Ac_vaalserberg.JPG

So in the play-off, Edmund guessed 142 metres and "Honest" Eckthearab 900 metres, so congrats to Edmund and hard cheese to Eck, who I'm sure will bounce back in no time. 

And in the play-off for the Premiership crown, Alang guessed 33 metres, and WhiteRoseKillie guessed 14 asl .. I asked him to clarify and he said he meant 147 asl, which was a bit confusing, until I realised he was talking about above sea level, and not age / sex / location, or American Sign Language. So in traditionally dubious circumstances, WhiteRoseKillie is crowned the champion for Week 6, and Alang1993 gets a very creditable second place. 

League tables to follow tomorrow. We'll have the semis of the quiz tomorrow, then the final on Monday (since there are 5 rounds in the cup and only 4 weekends in January). 

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

5/10, knew 3, one total guess and one by my extraordinary knowledge of languages.

Luckily Australia wasn't an option ... one of their beetles has the somewhat unlikely name of Aaaaba. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaaaba

So we had a tie-breaker to decide the Premiership champion, as well as who was getting promoted / relegated in the play-offs. 
I asked the question, "What height is the tallest hill in The Netherlands?" ... the answer was 322.7m, and it's called Vaalserberg. And here it is, what a whopper. 
420px-Ac_vaalserberg.JPG
So in the play-off, Edmund guessed 142 metres and "Honest" Eckthearab 900 metres, so congrats to Edmund and hard cheese to Eck, who I'm sure will bounce back in no time. 
And in the play-off for the Premiership crown, Alang guessed 33 metres, and WhiteRoseKillie guessed 14 asl .. I asked him to clarify and he said he meant 147 asl, which was a bit confusing, until I realised he was talking about above sea level, and not age / sex / location, or American Sign Language. So in traditionally dubious circumstances, WhiteRoseKillie is crowned the champion for Week 6, and Alang1993 gets a very creditable second place. 
League tables to follow tomorrow. We'll have the semis of the quiz tomorrow, then the final on Monday (since there are 5 rounds in the cup and only 4 weekends in January). 

Congrats Edmund! When I read the question I immediately thought 300metres but thought "nahhhhh, that's a daft guess" how wrong could I be lol. Oh well, have to get my brain in order and hopefully manage at least a play off place but I doubt the Beazer Homes League is gonna be a dawdle. Plenty big names down here, so taking nowt for granted. Still, cup semi to look forward to. Can I do a hibs and win the diddly Dee trophy from the diddy league? [emoji848]