The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

It was in Bar Bacchus, in fact I was on team P&B and Div even gave us cash for drink. We finished 9th or something at the second one held at Firhill. @craigkillie did the questions. I'm not sure who officially organised it but there were other P&Bers throughout the other teams.

In fact I'm sure it was P&B who organised, the memories are a bit sketchy as beer was consumed as if it were going out of fashion...

Sounds fun, although I know less than nothing about football so there's no chance I would even bother turning up. Which other P+B alumni were in attendance?

39 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Sounds fun, although I know less than nothing about football so there's no chance I would even bother turning up. Which other P+B alumni were in attendance?

My Team : Stranraer

... Enough said

13 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I know at least one member of this thread has been on Millionaire, Countdown and Eggheads but I'll let them out themselves if they so choose. 

Me, I've been on Countdown (lost narrowly), Weakest Link (lost big style with a massive hangover), The Chase (lost narrowly) and a new daytime BBC quiz show that nobody will have heard of (won on the 10th attempt).

From 20 years of playing quiz machines in pubs, I think I'd do quite well on Millionaire, but sadly they changed the format so that you had to qualify by having a good personality - and then they cancelled the whole shebang altogether. 

Was that new one called !mpossible? I fucking loved that show.

Afternoon folks, hope you're all well. Just bringing you all a cup update. Still awaiting 12 scores to be sent, they are
Marr1, Tynieness and MSU. All from the same tie.
GMan, AlanG, Ross, gkneil, both Dee62 and IrvineBuddie in my tie, FrankieS, Blackislekilie and Scotfree.
Please note, scores not received by 9am Monday morning will not count. So get the fingers out guys.

Now that we're 1 hour closer, part 2, well some of us are, it's time to start the league again. What a way to, expecting 4 or maybe 5 and get 9/10. English (not British) monarch letting me down. Knew AFL, Andorra, song & Persian Gulf. The only way is down ... Good luck one and all. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=6533&sectionId=1

6/10 to start the season. Should have been 7 but I knew the Andorra answer and pressed the wrong option like a fud. If I'd stuck to my strategy of doing the quiz half jaked on Sunday night this would not have happened.