Only An Excuse 2013 .... 14

Ned Nederlander

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus that was torcher to watch didn't even raise a smile off of me.

Had a thought while watching it though, who the hell do they get in for the audience for the live show to do the laughter? They must of been watching something different from me probably stuck an episode of Still Game on.

"torcher"

Raised a smile and got a chuckle from me :lol:

tumblr_lj3dmzlngc1qccyc5o1_500.gif

Jesus that was torcher to watch didn't even raise a smile off of me.

Had a thought while watching it though, who the hell do they get in for the audience for the live show to do the laughter? They must of been watching something different from me probably stuck an episode of Still Game on.

Who torcher how to spell?

Could've had saints away to lift the cup with Doncaster running out, grabbing it saying "naw it's Armageddon now fucking die" or similar.

Follow that up with McCoist outside the ibrox boardroom with a coin "heads I walk, tails I stay" where he keeps failing to get heads.

Diela and Collins sitting in an office trying to find teams fielding ineligible players so they can reenter the champions league.

Something similar to that would've been relevant and funny

They can't really do much more about The Rangers. It's hilarious as it is.

Nicola sturgeon sketch was probably where I laughed the most. Don't mind the Macca stuff really but it is getting tiresome and predictable...

Could've had saints away to lift the cup with Doncaster running out, grabbing it saying "naw it's Armageddon now fucking die" or similar.

Follow that up with McCoist outside the ibrox boardroom with a coin "heads I walk, tails I stay" where he keeps failing to get heads.

Diela and Collins sitting in an office trying to find teams fielding ineligible players so they can reenter the champions league.

Something similar to that would've been relevant and funny

If you walked into the OAE writers' office with that they'd worship you like a messiah.

If you walked into the OAE writers' office with that they'd worship you like a messiah.

I doubt they would know what he was talking about. At the risk of stereo typing, I get the impression it's written by people who don't really follow football.

Just remembered his Gordon Strachan impressions, what were they all about?

There wasn't even any Chick Young this year. I wonder if the Old Firm fans have complained like total bitches over the years and the writers were warned not to take the piss out of either.

BBC staff. Not only don't they follow football, but they don't know anyone that does, that they could ask. They won't know where the sport department is.

I thought they usually asked Chic Young given the number of Old Firm sketches. He must have been sick this year.

Guest The Phoenix

Watched it with the wife. At the end of it she turned to me and said "If you ever make me sit through that crap again I'll have your baws for ear-rings"

If they're still attached, I reckon it's worth recording it - assuming you can stretch to that.

Just watched this back after taping it* on NYE. I reckon about 25% of it wasn't football related- while the referendum was always going to be mentioned, it is supposed to be a football show.

In addition to the dreadful material- the number of impressions he can actually do is increasingly limited- his take on Strachan is terrible. If it's not going to get canned then surely he needs some other folk in to help.

The best bits were the text on the SSN parody and the steward, which was mainly funny because it was true. The rest was pure pish although they finally seem to have moved on from Denis Law and Chic Young at least- give it another 10 years and maybe Macca will finally go too.

*I still say "taping it" even when no tape is involved. Sue me.

Lighten up you dreadful c***s. The fact literally every poster has a different sketch that made them laugh should probably highlight the point of the show, as its not just for football fans these days anyway. Get hammered and a sense of humour and youll enjoy it more.

Archived