Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

The guest on this week's Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast was Tom Davis. I'd never heard of him prior to that, and I hadn't heard of Murder in Successville, the thing that Mr Davis is supposedly famous for. So obviously, I jumped on YouTube and tracked it down. What a perfect bit of comedy -- celeb guests trying to solve murders in a town inhabited by impersonated famous people. Genuinely laugh out loud funny. Every time Gordon Ramsay starts bouncing on his heels shouting "No!" I lose it. Or Jimmy Carr who only communicated in his ridiculous laugh. Brilliant stuff. So disappointed it only seemed to last for twelve episodes.

I used to love Scandal but it kind of lost its way I think. While it was always preposterous, there were nice little problems that they had to fix which kept it interesting but as soon as it went to Olivia moving into the White House I was done.

Yeah its went from solving a different problem every episode to a political drama basically. Thankfully I like shkws like that.

I'd keep watching if I was you.

See I love political shows (The West Wing is oneof my favourite shows ever and I loved the original House of Cards with Ian Richardson) so I should like it but while the scandals were a bit far fetched and fun, the political side of it got so ridiculous so quickly (rigging the election, killing the son, the vice President and the Attorney General etc) and with real-life politics in the States being bad enough it kinda put me off.

As she does not have Sky in her house, my daughter sometimes watches that KarKrashian pish when she visits me and her mum. I just ignore it and browse about here when it is on. She is here today but she is watching something different.

Total Divas!! :eek::eek::eek:

On 1/6/2017 at 19:18, MSU said:

The guest on this week's Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast was Tom Davis. I'd never heard of him prior to that, and I hadn't heard of Murder in Successville, the thing that Mr Davis is supposedly famous for. So obviously, I jumped on YouTube and tracked it down. What a perfect bit of comedy -- celeb guests trying to solve murders in a town inhabited by impersonated famous people. Genuinely laugh out loud funny. Every time Gordon Ramsay starts bouncing on his heels shouting "No!" I lose it. Or Jimmy Carr who only communicated in his ridiculous laugh. Brilliant stuff. So disappointed it only seemed to last for twelve episodes.

I've just started watching Murder In Successville. Shame you can only get the second series on the iplayer but Vicky Pattison and Chris Kamara were brillant.

5 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

I've just started watching Murder In Successville. Shame you can only get the second series on the iplayer but Vicky Pattison and Chris Kamara were brillant.

lol -- aye, they were probably my faves too.

I watched the Agatha Christie's "Witness for the Prosecution" the other night.  It's a bit slow in parts but much darker than the Miss Marple shite we usually think of, has a decent twist in the plot plus has Toby Jones giving an acting masterclass.  Still on iPlayer and well worth a look.

Edited by The_Kincardine

I watched the Agatha Christie's "Witness for the Prosecution" the other night.  It's a bit slow in parts but much darker than the Miss Marple shite we usually think of, has a decent twist in the plus has Toby Jones giving an acting masterclass.  Still on iPlayer and well worth a look.

I watched it last week. I didn't really like it much though, a bit too dark for my liking in that it was mainly unrelenting misery for all characters involved!

ETA - I agree with you about Toby Jones though, terrific actor.

15 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I watched it last week. I didn't really like it much though, a bit too dark for my liking in that it was mainly unrelenting misery for all characters involved!

ETA - I agree with you about Toby Jones though, terrific actor.

There was that 20 minutes of joy when the TJ character had a burgeoning legal practice, had shaved off his tash and took his wife on an expensive holiday to France.  A brief moment in the sun.

As for Toby Jones himself...I just 'googled' him and he did the voice-over for Dobbie in the Harry Potter films.  This I did not know.

I must admit that I thoroughly enjoy watching Michael Denzil Xavier Portillo presenting Great British Railway Journeys on BBC 2.  It's informative, enjoyable viewing with an excellent presenter who has a wonderful array of colourful Jackets.

It's amazing how much less of a c**t you become when you leave politics behind.

There was that 20 minutes of joy when the TJ character had a burgeoning legal practice, had shaved off his tash and took his wife on an expensive holiday to France.  A brief moment in the sun.
As for Toby Jones himself...I just 'googled' him and he did the voice-over for Dobbie in the Harry Potter films.  This I did not know.

I didn't know that either.

I must admit that I thoroughly enjoy watching Michael Denzil Xavier Portillo presenting Great British Railway Journeys on BBC 2.  It's informative, enjoyable viewing with an excellent presenter who has a wonderful array of colourful Jackets.

Yeah I love his shows, the European ones as well. He comes across really well and actually seems alright for a Tory [emoji6]

57 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

I loved his Scottish and US trips.  I also like his jaikets.

It's impossible to watch him now and not think "Saint Mirren" though.