Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Haha, she carried on with episode 2 whilst i started fucking about on my phone.

And you weren’t pestered for answers of questions that you couldn’t possibly know? Certainly not married to any lassy I’ve ever dated!

On 9/26/2018 at 08:22, Bairnardo said:

The bodyguard was absolute scenes from start to finish. Probably been done to death already but couldnt see a thread

Just finished watching it after all the hype.

Was pretty good. Better than the usual period drama pish the BBC put out.

10 minutes ago, meanmistermustard said:

Been mentioned here a few times but Taskmaster is brilliant. Episode 5 of Series 7 is the funniest thing I've seen on tv for a long time.

Agreed, I love that show. I still remember an earlier series where the contestants came out of the caravan to find a telescope on a tripod and the task instructions pinned to a board about twenty yards away. Everybody struggled to read the instructions through the telescope, but as Greg Davies pointed out afterwards, nobody had actually said they had to do that!

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 15:08, KnightswoodBear said:

My wife and I watched the first episode last night.  She liked it.  I really disliked it.  

From the reviews, i see i'm in the minority, but it wasn't nearly as funny or clever as it thought it was.

I watched the first two episodes and hated it. It was much too pleased with itself.

20 hours ago, meanmistermustard said:

Been mentioned here a few times but Taskmaster is brilliant. Episode 5 of Series 7 is the funniest thing I've seen on tv for a long time.

I love this series. Up there with the best set of guests they've ever had. There is a wonderful relationship between the five of them. Rhod Gilbert's continued efforts to try and annoy Greg Davies are wonderful.

16 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Watching Mock the Week.....seriously unfunny and should be dumped.

It's the sort of show I watch occasionally when I'm surfing iPlayer and have no expectation of laughing at any point during proceedings. It used to be interesting to hear Frankie Boyle say something outrageous while Russell Howard would fawn and blink and Andy Parsons would say obvious things in an unusual tone. Interesting that they shook things up by changing the theme tune, like that's what the problem with the show was.

19 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Watching Mock the Week.....seriously unfunny and should be dumped.

I still watch the repeats on Dave when it was still reasonably funny. The most annoying thing though is when somebody makes a joke and Dara O'Brahoweverhespellshisname picks it up and batters it to death.

It's the sort of show I watch occasionally when I'm surfing iPlayer and have no expectation of laughing at any point during proceedings. It used to be interesting to hear Frankie Boyle say something outrageous while Russell Howard would fawn and blink and Andy Parsons would say obvious things in an unusual tone. Interesting that they shook things up by changing the theme tune, like that's what the problem with the show was.

Dara O’Briain (sp) spoke about the shake up recently, can’t be fucked finding the article to link it, but Frankie left so not much they could about that and folk hating coming on because it very aggressive and competitive. You’d also have Frankie say something funny but brutal and have to try and follow up. Folk would go on once or twice and never return, now it’s much friendlier apparently.

Still laughing at the idea of a Weegie Bond.

"The name's Bond, James Bond so it is, but"

Don’t you mean

“Alreeet Big Man, Ahm Jimmy, Jimmy fae the Possil ken ? Dae ye ken Tam ? Nah ? You look like a guy who kens Tam. Hes no fae Possil though, he’s fae up Royston wiy. Anyhow I’ve goat a bus ticket here wae a free cheeseburger fae McDs. Dae ye want to buy it off me so I can git the bus up the road ? Naw nae bother mate. Next time ye need anything big yin, the names Jimmy. Jimmy Bond. Right ? Nae bother pal.”