Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

11 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Don’t you mean

“Alreeet Big Man, Ahm Jimmy, Jimmy fae the Possil ken ? Dae ye ken Tam ? Nah ? You look like a guy who kens Tam. Hes no fae Possil though, he’s fae up Royston wiy. Anyhow I’ve goat a bus ticket here wae a free cheeseburger fae McDs. Dae ye want to buy it off me so I can git the bus up the road ? Naw nae bother mate. Next time ye need anything big yin, the names Jimmy. Jimmy Bond. Right ? Nae bother pal.”

“Alreet” is Geordie, “ken” is everywhere in Scotland apart from Greater Glasgow, there is no indefinite article before Possil, it’s “aff” not “off”, it’s “Garngad” not “Royston” and a real Glaswegian Bond wid huv decent patter* n aw that.

*No me then hahahaha.

Watching Blues Brothers again for the first time for decades, thinking it would age really badly, it doesn't. Getting beaten by a nun in charge of an orphanage they used to attend gives a modern twist though.

22 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Watching the program about RBS's fall. My dad used to work for them and says that Fred Goodwin was a complete psychopath.

Me too. Was working at Nat West HQ in London as an agency clerk when RBS took over. The chest strutting swagger of the new bosses walking in reminds me now of Barry Ferguson.

Watching Blues Brothers again for the first time for decades, thinking it would age really badly, it doesn't. Getting beaten by a nun in charge of an orphanage they used to attend gives a modern twist though.
i know what you mean but it is still one of my all time favourites and the only musical i can tolerate. no doubt it will get a terrible reboot soon

Watching Joanna Lumley's Silk Road, final episode, missed it the first time around, and she's brilliant at it. More of this kind of thing please Joanna and the BBC. Lovey as f**k but I think she's honest and sometimes very funny.

Edited by welshbairn

I watched the rbs thing too. It sickens me that Goodwin is getting a pension like that while my local hospital closed down.

How you can get a situation in a workplace where people are scared to tell the truth and a wee p***k like that is behind it all is crazy.

With a quick google you can see what type of person he was. Threatening someone with discipline for giving him the wrong biscuit, what a thundercunt.

On 10/2/2018 at 22:16, ah-dee said:
On 10/2/2018 at 00:36, welshbairn said:

i know what you mean but it is still one of my all time favourites and the only musical i can tolerate. no doubt it will get a terrible reboot soon

It was called Blues Brothers 2000.

Michael Palins North Korea programme was very good. I’ve watched a lot of videos of people documenting their trips to North Korea on YouTube, and always end up infatuated by them. Palins programme showed the civilians in a slightly different light; more educated, more freedoms etc. although he did mention in the programme he was being followed by 6 officials who permitted what could be filmed and what couldn’t. 

I would love to go on one of these tours of Pyeongchang to see the country for myself, it’s a fascinating place. 

On 03/10/2018 at 21:49, welshbairn said:

Watching Joanna Lumley's Silk Road, final episode, missed it the first time around, and she's brilliant at it. More of this kind of thing please Joanna and the BBC. Lovey as f**k but I think she's honest and sometimes very funny.

Excellent series.

A visual feast, particularly the Caucasus and Iran.

15 hours ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Watched the new football quiz show on itv 4 earlier....absoloute dogshite of a programme, 

Watched it on catch-up and I agree. It's like a high-tech version of Quiz Ball, though that was general knowledge and not football questions.

The woman manager is a wid though.

ETA: The episode I watched was the first one. I'm currently watching the second one to see if it gets any better (it doesn't). But "Which Scottish club are nicknamed 'The Terrors'?" is classed as a very hard question???

Edited by GordonD