Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I will admit I love the Spy Who Loved Me, with Mrs Ringo being a particular highlight, and For Your Eyes Only is half decent too. It's no surprise that they are probably the two least comedic of the Moore era.

For Your Eyes Only, if I'm not getting Bond wrong, is the only one I can remember where they let his Bond approach the cold blooded killer of Connery's when he shoves the car over the edge of the cliff with the boy still alive inside it.

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

For Your Eyes Only, if I'm not getting Bond wrong, is the only one I can remember where they let his Bond approach the cold blooded killer of Connery's when he shoves the car over the edge of the cliff with the boy still alive inside it.

Yeah, it was deliberately darker after the joke that was Moonraker.

Here is Timothy Dalton getting Bond right

47 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

No, you're not getting Bond wrong. Alan would be pleased.

Watching a documentary with the presenter trying to track down the truth behind the legend of King Arthur. He's currently interviewing a man whose theories may well be valid but I can't take him seriously because he sounds exactly like Craig Cash when he does his 'nice but a bit simple' characters that he plays in, well, just about everything.

Watched the BBC4 thing on the Proclaimers, and it turned out one of their producers was the front man for Orange Juice, a band I liked back in the day. Found this on Youtube. Bit moving. 

Edited by welshbairn

Gold rush without Todd Hoffman - both lost something and gained something. He was just a comic character the last couple of years and I'm kind of glad he decided to walk. Rick Ness is a far better rookie to watch.

If you need a Hoffman fix, though...