Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Children in Need's Repair Shop Special. They were repairing a boy's teddy bear that he had had with him through a fairly horrendous time in his early life.

Unfortunately, some fucker started cutting onions just as they revealed the repaired bear, so I didn't actually see the outcome.

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Adverts for An Audience With Adele

I don't want to say something that will get me put on a list of some sort, but if everyone involved in this was never heard from again the world would be a better place.

On this subject, Children in Need currently has a lipsynching/singing contest.

Jimmy Carr and Kate Silverton are saddled with Paddy McGuinness, Amanda Holden, Alison Hammond, Jason Mohammed and Mike Bushell. I will forever hold Carr and Silverton's presence in that company against them

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

On this subject, Children in Need currently has a lipsynching/singing contest.

Jimmy Carr and Kate Silverton are saddled with Paddy McGuinness, Amanda Holden, Alison Hammond, Jason Mohammed and Mike Bushell. I will forever hold Carr and Silverton's presence in that company against them

All of these people are arseholes. You know it's not the 1970s and you don't need to spend your evenings indoors watching the only available TV channel, right?

On 08/11/2021 at 19:22, 19QOS19 said:

I don't think there is or ever has been a television quiz that makes me shout at my tele more than Lingo. Folk continuing to play letters that they know aren't in the puzzle sends me into a rage.

I'm glad I stopped watching daytime telly a decade ago...

9 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
12 hours ago, Wee Bully said:
Too much moaning on here.

Just binged Crime on BritBox.  Brilliant TV, even if the Edinburgh accent grates…. 

Worth seeking out then?

Definitely. Dougary Scott is the main character and the rest of the cast is cracking too.  Written by Irvine Welsh. 

Adverts for An Audience With Adele
I don't want to say something that will get me put on a list of some sort, but if everyone involved in this was never heard from again the world would be a better place.
Adele seems to get the same "national treasure" treatment as seen recently with the BBC basically advertising the Bond film.

Tim Dunn the railway historian.

Here is a tunnel and they've let me have the keys 'heheheheh'

This is really old and they've let me touch it 'hehehehehe'

I can't believe they've let me in here 'hehehehehe'

It's a fucking wonder that Siddi Holloway hasn't taken out an injunction on the creepy c**t.

Bit of a balls-up on Richard Osman's House of Games yesterday. The players had to name a multiple Grand Slam (tennis) winner without an I in his surname. Then one guy was eliminated for coming up with Boris Becker.

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

Bit of a balls-up on Richard Osman's House of Games yesterday. The players had to name a multiple Grand Slam (tennis) winner without an I in his surname. Then one guy was eliminated for coming up with Boris Becker.

Noticed that as well. Possibly meant an I in their full name(I know Richard said surname, but the guy who said it didn't have seem to have any issues with getting eliminated)

1 minute ago, Clockwork said:

Really enjoying the current series of ‘Shetland’ and also ‘Showtrial’, just a shame they’re both about to reach their conclusions at the same time. Will leave a wee bit of a gap in the weekly telly schedule.

Aye, both been really good. I think all episodes of showtrial have been available for a while(iPlayer), I think I watched it over a few days not long after it came out

Aye, both been really good. I think all episodes of showtrial have been available for a while(iPlayer), I think I watched it over a few days not long after it came out

Aye, been tempted to skip to the next episode on the iPlayer but will see it out until next Sunday just to keep the suspense going![emoji6]

Really enjoying the current series of ‘Shetland’ and also ‘Showtrial’, just a shame they’re both about to reach their conclusions at the same time. Will leave a wee bit of a gap in the weekly telly schedule.
Shetland was being filmed this morning down Ayr shore. Henshell had his high mileage black donkey jacket on as per.