Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Finally stuck with this and am hooked. About 10 episodes in to S3 and it's not laugh out loud funny all the time but it's nice easy viewing with chuckles along the way.

Louise is fast becoming one of my favourite cartoon characters. A complete psychopath who's one liners kill me at times.

16 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Yisssssssssssss

Louise is my favourite. Then Andy & Ollie. Then Teddy.

Kristen Schaal's one of my favourite comedy actresses. Brilliant in Bojack, 30 Rock and What We Do In The Shadows as well.

Tears, snotters and clay everywhere. The Great Pottery Throw Down was back tonight.

Lucinda absolutely aced that main challenge so I'm glad the judges agreed. Hopefully Siobhan is back soon, Ellie was a bit dull for my liking.

After the disappointment of War of the Worlds, I was a little worried about Around the World in 80 days.  Fortunately, they managed their budget a bit better by scaling back the CGI.  It’s all good, if mindless, fun.

The Tourist - anybody watching this mini series on BBC? it's totally mental with a Coen Brothers feel to it, the violence is extreme with some very dark humour thrown in. Set in Australia it starts off like a scene from Duel with the main character, played by Jamie Dornan, ending up in hospital with no memory of who he is. From there it gets weirder and weirder and the only person he can trust is Helen, a young probationary policewoman. Worth a watch.

Been watching Four Lives on BBC One this week. The story of 4 men who were murdered in London. The real court case was well publicised at the time but the bigger story was the monumental, persistent f**k ups by the police along the way. Absolutely horrifically handled with an inquest last month ruling that their actions, or lack thereof, led to the death of 3 of the men.

The drama itself is so well made with stand out performances from Sheridan Smith and Stephen Merchant. Only 3 episodes so well worth watching.

On 05/01/2022 at 10:05, KnightswoodVanBear said:

The first episode of Toast of Tinseltown was magnificent

It’s very much in the Mighty Boosh envelope.  I think it’s great.  

“I feel nothing but utter contempt” had me buckled.  

Edited by Savage Henry

On 05/01/2022 at 10:05, KnightswoodVanBear said:

The first episode of Toast of Tinseltown was magnificent

Bit pissed off I binged the whole series after the first one, it will be a long wait for the next series. Gets more surreal every episode. I've been trying to find out if any of it was filmed in LA but I don't think so, it's cleverly done.

P.S. It's written by Father Ted creator Arthur Mathews along with Matt Berry.

Edited by welshbairn

The Race to Perfection on Sky F1. Excellent series looking back at some of the moments of F1 since the 1950s. 

Just watched the "controversial moments" episode. This was made pre-2021 so focused on Prost, Senna and Schumacher. Must be made in 2019/2020 as it refers to Hamilton as a 6-time Champion.

Very good watch with proper people interviewed (Ron Dennis, Patrick Head, Bernie Ecclestone and so on). Using this as my fix whilst waiting for Drive to Survive.

I usually enjoy Cats does Countdown, and it was OK tonight, but the guy in Dictionary Corner ripping off David O'Doherty's act was painfully unfunny.
Not seen it but ripping off David O'D is unacceptable, he's often the highlight. Saw him in Edinburgh a few years ago and he was brilliant

Top Of The Pops on BBC Four. Good news is they've started showing episodes from 1992. Bad news is they'll have to skip half of them from that period after some tosser of an ex-presenter put out an injunction stopping the BBC from repeating the episodes he was involved with.

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Top Of The Pops on BBC Four. Good news is they've started showing episodes from 1992. Bad news is they'll have to skip half of them from that period after some tosser of an ex-presenter put out an injunction stopping the BBC from repeating the episodes he was involved with.

Who was that? Just wondering if it was revenge for Smashy and Nicey.

Edited by welshbairn

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Who was that? Just wondering if it was revenge for Smashy and Nicey.

Some no mark called Adrian Rose. It was around the time the show had a revamp so new presenters were chucked in at the deep end. Some did better than others. He's clearly that mortified that he hasn't given the BBC permission to repeat his episodes. Seems daft as the others have embraced it and regularly take the mick out of themselves on twitter whenever they're shown.

3 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Some no mark called Adrian Rose. It was around the time the show had a revamp so new presenters were chucked in at the deep end. Some did better than others. He's clearly that mortified that he hasn't given the BBC permission to repeat his episodes. Seems daft as the others have embraced it and regularly take the mick out of themselves on twitter whenever they're shown.

How exactly does that work?

If you can get an injunction to prevent incompetence being shown on TV, presumably Coll Donaldson will be airbrushed out of every televised game he features in?

My wife is a big fan of Outlander, which she has watched on Amazon Prime. Now she informs me that you can no longer watch it as part of the Prime subscription, but need to have a separate Starz sub at £4.99 a month to watch it. Needless to say that won't be happening. When will the TV bosses realise that increased choice does not mean increased number of subscriptions to watch the same amount of stuff. Guess it's back to download sites in the future, and they wonder why people still download from non-authorised sites.

The Tourist - anybody watching this mini series on BBC? it's totally mental with a Coen Brothers feel to it, the violence is extreme with some very dark humour thrown in. Set in Australia it starts off like a scene from Duel with the main character, played by Jamie Dornan, ending up in hospital with no memory of who he is. From there it gets weirder and weirder and the only person he can trust is Helen, a young probationary policewoman. Worth a watch.
Really enjoyed this. Watched it over a couple of days. Comparing it to the Coen brothers is fair with Billy sounding and acting exactly like a Coen type villain.

Good performances throughout and a nice thread of comedy throughout as well.

The policewoman finally doing what we all hoped she would was predictable but at the same time a punch the air moment.

I figured out some of the story but overall it had me nicely confused throughout.