Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Anyone watched Stephen Graham’s new film on Amazon, Boiling Point? The full film is shot in one take, which is obviously crazy, but the acting in it is excellent as well. I seen a clip on Twitter of one of the scenes, and I genuinely thought it was a documentary. Obviously once I seen Steven Graham and a guy that used to be in Eastenders, I realised it wasn’t, but it made me go and find the full film, and it was a very enjoyable watch. 

On 22/02/2022 at 12:28, TheScarf said:

Martin Freeman is a fantastic actor and can save any shite tv show he's in.  He's also been in some excellent shows too of course.

He’s brilliant in the first season of Fargo. He’s one of a select group of actors who can take on a character and you don’t feel like there’s an overlap from previous roles. He will always be Tim Canterbury to me, but it’s testament to his ability that I could watch any of his performances and not even give his role in The Office a second thought. 

He’s brilliant in the first season of Fargo. He’s one of a select group of actors who can take on a character and you don’t feel like there’s an overlap from previous roles. He will always be Tim Canterbury to me, but it’s testament to his ability that I could watch any of his performances and not even give his role in The Office a second thought. 
Let's be serious here Billy Bob Thornton makes that first season of Fargo.

On 22/02/2022 at 12:28, TheScarf said:

Martin Freeman is a fantastic actor and can save any shite tv show he's in.  He's also been in some excellent shows too of course.

I remember watching Hardware with him in it back in the day (along with Ken Morley and Peter Serafinowicz). Great cast, awful programme.

Jochen Rindt : Uncrowned Champion a Sky Sports Documentary  . The story of F1's only posthumous world champion . Some of the footage shows just how scary and dangerous the sport was back then 

Edited by stanton

Cheaters - BBC series, 18 parts but each is ten minutes long detailing the consequences of a drunken extra-marital between two London residents in their late 20s. I guess they are millennials.

I thought it was great and really didn’t expect to. It’s a comedy and it’s pretty funny but the writing and acting are superb. Each character is revealed very cleverly and you go from having little sympathy with them to really feeling for them. Particularly good was Susan Woking as Fola.

For the red triangle fans it’s extremely explicit. 

On 14/02/2022 at 20:02, The Naitch said:

What a delight it was to have Siobhan back this week. Was a close run thing between AJ and Jenny for star potter this week but AJ's otter was next level stuff. Hope they go on to win the whole thing.

YAS! Absolutely delighted for AJ.

They were excellent and that final build was just superb. The whole series was superb, actually.

Cheaters - BBC series, 18 parts but each is ten minutes long detailing the consequences of a drunken extra-marital between two London residents in their late 20s. I guess they are millennials.
I thought it was great and really didn’t expect to. It’s a comedy and it’s pretty funny but the writing and acting are superb. Each character is revealed very cleverly and you go from having little sympathy with them to really feeling for them. Particularly good was Susan Woking as Fola.
For the red triangle fans it’s extremely explicit. 

Yeah really enjoyed this. I have to say though, the main character's girlfriend was extremely irritating throughout and I had absolutely no sympathy for her given she was the one that kicked it all off.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah really enjoyed this. I have to say though, the main character's girlfriend was extremely irritating throughout and I had absolutely no sympathy for her given she was the one that kicked it all off.

She was a bit irritating but I warmed to her through the whole thing.

I just found out that the guy who plays Jake is Laurence Fox’s brother. 

Just finished binge watching The Ipcress File on STV/Britbox over a couple of nights. Excellent stuff, they played it a bit like the Avengers, best British telly I've seen in a while. 
Cheers, I was wondering what it was like. I watched the Michael Caine film recently on iplayer and then saw that this was coming on by complete coincidence and hoped it would be good. Is it an update or set in the 60's cold War era like the original book and film?

8 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
21 hours ago, welshbairn said:
Just finished binge watching The Ipcress File on STV/Britbox over a couple of nights. Excellent stuff, they played it a bit like the Avengers, best British telly I've seen in a while. 

Cheers, I was wondering what it was like. I watched the Michael Caine film recently on iplayer and then saw that this was coming on by complete coincidence and hoped it would be good. Is it an update or set in the 60's cold War era like the original book and film?

Very roughly follows the Michael Caine version but takes a few liberties. Set in the same era.