F1 2014

deano67

I'm also a fan of Ricciardo, he seems a very down to earth, genuine kind of guy. I have no idea how anyone could dislike him. The grid penalty for the next race is a farce. I fully expect him to lose the appeal as well as if they won it'd put the FIA in a bad position, and we can't be having that.

Also, limiting fuel flow is an absolute joke, if you run out of fuel it's your fault, that's how it should be, instead of this driving to the numbers that's been going on for at least a couple of seasons.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mercedes are looking brilliant this year Hamilton won comfortably and wasn't even pushing & only the 2 Williams used less fuel than him. Rosberg was taking it easy as well until he was told to build a gap between him and Vettel which he managed to do with ease.

Other than the Red Bulls the Mercedes are 2 seconds faster than any other team in both qualifying & race pace.

Mercedes are looking brilliant this year Hamilton won comfortably and wasn't even pushing & only the 2 Williams used less fuel than him. Rosenberg was taking it easy as well until he was told to build a gap between him and Vettel which he managed to do with ease.

Other than the Red Bulls the Mercedes are 2 seconds faster than any other team in both qualifying & race pace.

At the moment Mercedes look like they are doing a more competent job better than the rest, Red Bull need to stop greeting about the rules and focus on getting Vettel to the front, Ferrari seem consistent with Alonso but they need to find more pace and Kimi has been unlucky. McLaren have made a step forward from last season but like Ferrari they need to find more speed with their car. Williams have a much improved car but it remains doubtful whether it might turn into a winner, Force India, with the under rated Hulkenberg has shown he is at his peak as a driver and pushing the car above well above where it should be. Renault seemed to have taken a big step back, Sauber and Toro Rosso are where they were last season and Caterham and Marrussia do look to have taken a step forward in competitiveness.

At the moment Mercedes look like they are doing a more competent job better than the rest, Red Bull need to stop greeting about the rules and focus on getting Vettel to the front, Ferrari seem consistent with Alonso but they need to find more pace and Kimi has been unlucky. McLaren have made a step forward from last season but like Ferrari they need to find more speed with their car. Williams have a much improved car but it remains doubtful whether it might turn into a winner, Force India, with the under rated Hulkenberg has shown he is at his peak as a driver and pushing the car above well above where it should be. Renault seemed to have taken a big step back, Sauber and Toro Rosso are where they were last season and Caterham and Marrussia do look to have taken a step forward in competitiveness.

I'd agree with pretty much all of that.

Even when Rosberg came out just ahead of Vettel after the pit stop & Vettel had DRS for a few laps he was pushing and he still couldn't catch the Mercedes. Rosberg ended up 7 seconds ahead of Vettel by the time they both crossed the line. Red bull still have a lot of work to do they are half a second off the Mercedes.

I'd agree with pretty much all of that.

Even when Rosberg came out just ahead of Vettel after the pit stop & Vettel had DRS for a few laps he was pushing and he still couldn't catch the Mercedes. Rosberg ended up 7 seconds ahead of Vettel by the time they both crossed the line. Red bull still have a lot of work to do they are half a second off the Mercedes.

Wut? He couldn't use DRS for most of that period because Sutil (I think) decided to park his car just after the exit of the last turn. Vettel was really quite close throughout the whole time the yellow flag was out at that section, then backed off, I presume to save fuel and tyres.

Wut? He couldn't use DRS for most of that period because Sutil (I think) decided to park his car just after the exit of the last turn. Vettel was really quite close throughout the whole time the yellow flag was out at that section, then backed off, I presume to save fuel and tyres.

He got DRS at one point when he was just behind Rosberg (I'm 90% sure he did) and Rosberg still pulled away comfortably. I don't think Vettel had to save tyres or fuel everyone seemed to manage the tyres pretty well & we could see from the fuel % that Vettel had plenty of fuel left.

He got DRS at one point when he was just behind Rosberg (I'm 90% sure he did) and Rosberg still pulled away comfortably. I don't think Vettel had to save tyres or fuel everyone seemed to manage the tyres pretty well & we could see from the fuel % that Vettel had plenty of fuel left.

This never happened. He got DRS once, and stayed within the second for the rest of the lap and was closer, then Sutil pulled up. Aye, if those stats are accurate.

Looking forward to Bahrain this weekend especially since it's a night race. We'll get to see if Mercedes are the new Red Bull and dominate just about every race unless there's a problem with the car.

Enjoyed qualifying. Gutted that Lewis made a mistake in Q3 which probably cost him pole. Let's hope he makes up for it tomorrow, although I am slightly concerned that Mercedes might not want their drivers fighting for a lead incase there is an incident.

Archived