F1 2014

deano67

Hamilton equaling Clark's record means absolutely nothing and I'm not taking anything away from Hamilton before any fanboys jump up and down in anger.

One of my pet hates is the F1 media instance of comparing a record set in the 60/70 were race season where a handful of races to the modern day records where we have no up to 20 races per season. That alone makes these stats and records incompatible in my view.

Couldn't agree more, same with Alonso celebrating breaking the points record last year (1571 I seem to remember), it wasn't so long ago that a win was 9 points and only the best 9 results in the season counted. Had it always been 25 for a win, Schumi would have over 2000 points in wins alone.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't agree more, same with Alonso celebrating breaking the points record last year (1571 I seem to remember), it wasn't so long ago that a win was 9 points and only the best 9 results in the season counted. Had it always been 25 for a win, Schumi would have over 2000 points in wins alone.

That was absolute nonsense. The only way it should be done is extrapolating the points and using the current format figure out who had the most. Schumi, obviously.

No,they sound like a turbune with lots of coughing and spluttering,my missus described it as "they are all fucked"

im on t1 today and the race

Heres p@bs favourite crazy jap

It's taken me a while, but I've finally figured out what it is they sound like under braking.

It's the Millennium Falcon in Empire Strikes Back when it's hyperdrive is fucked.

Mercedes looking good for a 1, 2 finish at the moment.

Interesting claim before the race that drivers were ending up dehydrating themselves especially the taller heavier ones to meet the weight limit http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/jenson-button/10731188/Malaysia-GP-2014-Jenson-Button-and-Lewis-Hamilton-say-drivers-dehydrate-themselves-to-meet-weight-limit.html

Good end to a processional and tactical race.

Looking like a two driver race for the title unless Vettel can find more speed and Ferrari can get their act together.

Impressive performance by Hulkenberg and the two Williams drivers today.

Perfect dominant drive by Lewis.

I just have an irrational dislike of him.

No real reason other than he seems like a smug c*nt.

He smiles a lot, not sure if he smiles like a smug c**t intentionally though a bit like Sean Bean smiling looks like he's leering, but that is one hell of a cheesy grin.

Daniel-Ricciardo-HD-wallpaper.jpg

105067-daniel-ricciardo-driver.jpg

Hmmm, Daniel in smug mode?? :unsure:

Honestly don't know how people can dislike Ricciardo, one of the nicest and most likeable guys on the grid IMO. Even when things aren't going his way, he is always looking at things positively. Don't think I've seen him pissed off at anything during his time in F1. Grid penalty for Bahrain is extremely harsh!

Honestly don't know how people can dislike Ricciardo, one of the nicest and most likeable guys on the grid IMO. Even when things aren't going his way, he is always looking at things positively. Don't think I've seen him pissed off at anything during his time in F1. Grid penalty for Bahrain is extremely harsh!

Don't know, never disliked a driver in the 30 or so years I have followed motorsport despite some of the antics some have done on both track and off. Ricciardo seems quite a likeable fellow and I have yet to hear him complain about this that and everybody else. As Mark Co has said its his own irrational personal opinion on Daniel, maybe Mark Co feels irritated by folks that seem just far too cheery, maybe its a Scottish trait where everyone should be brought down to earth and look miserable, I don't know?.

Archived