F1 2014

deano67

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easily the most boring race I've seen.

There was a Spanish Grand Prix a few years ago with 3 overtakes and hardly any action. Because you constantly overreact at everything, your points on here carry less weight.

Back to the usual then. Barcelona and Monaco up next - the grand prix at those circuits are always thrilling.

Sometimes Monaco is quite boring with not many cars passing each other but hopefully it'll be exciting this season.

Sometimes Monaco is quite boring with not many cars passing each other but hopefully it'll be exciting this season.

Monaco is the most jumped up race ever, the only chance of any overtakes are mistakes or pit stops, the rest is simply a precession for the rich to enjoy and show off how big their boat is.

There was about three overtakes in that race. K.

I know you don't mean it, but Rosberg managed more than that himself. And then you've Ricciardo and Kobayashi passing Vettel.

Okay, so I only bothered replying so I could mention Kobayashi passing Vettel again. What a guy.

Or some of these (although don't agree with the forgotten tag): http://www.motorsportretro.com/2014/04/forgotten-f1-circuits/

Cracking site to waste an afternoon or two on.

Good find.

France has had some great circuits. Clermont-Ferrand was very scenic, and a real challenge like Rouen (where Scotland lost one of its potential greats, Gerry Birrell). The daddy of them all has to be Linas- Montlhery, which comprised a long road course and a steeply banked oval. The oval is still intact I believe.

Another monster track was the original Masarykring, near Brno. A mental 18 mile public road circuit.

Another monster track was the original Masarykring, near Brno. A mental 18 mile public road circuit.

There's some good footage on YouTube of mid-80's Group A Euro touring cars racing there. Might have been the last top-level race there ever??

Anyway, back to F1 - just read this and it gave me a wee chuckle:

http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/04/24/gene-haas-writes/

Archived