F1 2014

deano67

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never posted in here before but i would just like to say that Lewis Hamilton is an absolute weapon who deserves to have his c**t kicked in at every possible opportunity.

Carry on.

Never posted in here before but i would just like to say that Romeo from Pie and Bovril is an absolute weapon who deserves to have his c**t kicked in at every possible opportunity.

Carry on.

Couldn't agree more....now fuckoff.

You've got to laugh at the commentators trying to make it seem as though this is exciting.

Hamilton is clearly just doing enough to stay in front of Rosberg.

I take it you were watching sky?. Listened to both commentaries for a while.

I wonder if team orders are now kicking in and if both were told to hold station?

I'm a casual follower but why is there such a fuss over the engines being too quiet? Actively trying to make the cars louder seems like the most pointlessly cosmetic waste of time since ever.

I'm a casual follower but why is there such a fuss over the engines being too quiet? Actively trying to make the cars louder seems like the most pointlessly cosmetic waste of time since ever.

I think it has to do with being there in person rather than watching it on TV. In days gone by (particularly the V10/V12 era) the noise was unbelievably loud and very distinctive. Can't really convey in words what it was like to be near those cars, but it kinda rattled your skeleton and made it feel like your eardrums were going to explode. Personally speaking, it was a huge part of the experience and I would definitely miss it. I've not heard the new cars in person but I believe the support class (GP2) is now louder. Maybe doulikefish could confirm or correct me?

I think it has to do with being there in person rather than watching it on TV. In days gone by (particularly the V10/V12 era) the noise was unbelievably loud and very distinctive. Can't really convey in words what it was like to be near those cars, but it kinda rattled your skeleton and made it feel like your eardrums were going to explode. Personally speaking, it was a huge part of the experience and I would definitely miss it. I've not heard the new cars in person but I believe the support class (GP2) is now louder. Maybe doulikefish could confirm or correct me?

Yip gp2 is now louder,the new f1 cars sound like souped up disons.However ive done 3 "Live' this season and they are definitely louder from my first race in malaysia.If you go anywhere near the pits youll be surprised how bad they sound when first starting up "cough splutter wheeeeee cough splutter wheeeeeeee"

Rob Smedley was on the F1 show on Friday night, and he said regards the sound that he no longer gets freaked out in the pits when a car drives by and he's got his head down doing work, whereas before he'd get a fright when the V8 went past, particularly a Lotus or Red Bull!!

Very sad to hear that Sir Jack Brabham has passed away. A giant figure in the sport and the only man to win the world championship in one of his own cars. I only saw him once, at Goodwood. He was 80 at the time but still flying in one of his Coopers. I remember one of his quotes;

"I want to die without an enemy in the world. I'm going to outlive the b***ards. "

Rest in peace.

Very sad to hear that Sir Jack Brabham has passed away. A giant figure in the sport and the only man to win the world championship in one of his own cars. I only saw him once, at Goodwood. He was 80 at the time but still flying in one of his Coopers. I remember one of his quotes;

"I want to die without an enemy in the world. I'm going to outlive the b***ards. "

Rest in peace.

A great man and a great driver. As well as being a hard b*****d on the track. RIP.

Archived