F1 2014

deano67

Have you heard any more about the proposed motorcycle road race in the Borders? Not heard anything for ages.

Those Jim Bamber cars are cool. Love the Senna one.

Never knew there were plans for ones! Not really into bikes to be honest, although did a story this week about a guy who is taking part in the TT this year.

Jim Bamber is a sad loss from Autosport. Pity they didn't have a tribute feature to him when he had to stop earlier this year.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never knew there were plans for ones! Not really into bikes to be honest, although did a story this week about a guy who is taking part in the TT this year.

Jim Bamber is a sad loss from Autosport. Pity they didn't have a tribute feature to him when he had to stop earlier this year.

Here's an old article - http://m.scotsman.com/lifestyle/motoring/borders-revved-up-over-tt-race-bid-1-2180403

Got a couple of Bamber's books. Have you ever seen Brockbank's racing cartoons? Very good humour.

Would love to see a motorbike road race event like the Ulster GP/Bilalow races take place in Scotland, we do have the roads for it, finding a location which can provide the needed facilities needed alongside such event may be more of the challenge.

In other news, Stefano Domenicali has 'quit' Ferrari. When I say quit, I mean he found a black horse's head in his bedroom.......

I always thought Domenicali and Martin Whitmarsh were quite alike - both seemed like jolly nice blokes, but when has being affable ever got anyone anywhere in F1?

The current situ at Maranello reminds me a lot of the state of flux the Scuderia found itself in after the death of Old Man Ferrari in 1988. Back then, they went through a series of ex-Fiat managers - who were all well-connected company men - but who equally knew squat about F1. I'd presume this is a stopgap appointment until they can lure someone else.

Also, hiring a few Mercedes engine bods would be a good start.....

You can when they equipment they give you doesn't work

Putting it bluntly, It doesn't matter whether the sensor works or not, if the governing body tells you not once, not twice but a reported 5 different times to go under a certain limit and you point blank refuse.......then you are going to get punished. It would be like arguing about a pit lane speeding penalty claiming that the FIA's gun must be faulty and the cars speedometer showed that they never broke the limit, you're going to get laughed at and told to piss off.

http://racer.com/latest-stories/item/102769-fia-upholds-ricciardo-s-exclusion

It argued that the sensor, which offered different readings with identical engine settings during the first three runs in free practice three and the rest of Friday in Australia, was unreliable and therefore it could switch to the backup based on that without the FIA's say-so, contrary to what the technical directive said.

Red Bull had built its case on not having violated Article 5.1.4 of the technical regulations, which states "fuel mass flow must not exceed 100kg/h", but the FIA contended that it was only through the procedures laid out in the technical directives and therefore the fuel-flow meter that it was possible to prove compliance with that regulation.

So Red Bull just decided to change without seeking permission breaking the rules and expected to get away with it.

Red Bull operated within their own sensors parameters,

Other teams bought up dozens of the fuel meters and ran the most optimal one as there are variables in each sensor, which is surely down to the FIA to make sure each one is operating at the same rate to make it a level playing field!!!

The incident when he was adjusting something on his steering wheel was better TBH. I mean, he turned right and went to adjust something but just kept on turning cos he didn't straighten the wheel beforehand! :lol:

http://wtf1.co.uk/maldonado-forgets-how-to-drive-an-f1-car-during-china-free-practice-sessions/

Every race that goes by makes it look even less likely we'll ever work out how the hell he managed to win in Spain.

Thats the crazy thing,he really looked the "real deal" when he won

Archived