F1 2014

deano67

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take out the Mercedes and it was a cracking race! It's between Rosberg and Hamilton. Nobody will come close. The margin they have is bigger than Red Bull ever had.

Include the Mercedes, some terrific battling between the pair of them. Fair play to Hamilton for holding on - the Sky jingoism in full force with moaning that it wasn't Hamilton's fault he was at a disadvantage with the tyres. Boo hoo - happens all the time.

Obviously the Mercs were a bit far ahead of the others but that was a great race; gets me back interested in watching the races. Off the top of the head I can't remember a single thing that happened in the first two GPs bar some nonsense about fuel rates.

Mercedes are just so much faster than any other car can't see anyone else challenging for the title other than Rosberg & Hamilton. What great racing it was between the two of them wheel to wheel stuff when the safety car came out I thought Nico would nick it because he had the softer (faster) tyre on but fair play to Hamilton who defended brilliantly and just wasn't going to let Nico past him.

Both the Williams & the Force India look just as fast as the Red Bulls will be interesting to see where they all end up in the next few race sand who nicks second in the drivers championship because I just can't see past Mercedes for first just far too quick.

Ferrari seem to be struggling both Alonso & Raikonen having poor races and only picking 1 and 2 points up respectively.

That was a fine race yesterday, and probably the best GP i can remember for a while,

The 2 Mercs racing for the last 12 laps or so was exhilarating to watch and must have had Toto & Paddy nearly greeting :lol: fantastic stuff, and i think it could only have got better to see if they had collided with each other on the last lap!!

Other great racing throughout the entire field, Massa & Bottas, Massa and the 2 FI's, Ricciardo and Vettel, Ricciardo and the FI's, it was great racing and must have gave the casual viewer a glimpse of the ability of these guys as drivers, i thought they all drove out their skins and every place was merited,

Driver of the day though had to be Lewis, as much as i'm not his biggest fan, credit where it's due, he had Nico's measure for every move and some, a great show!!

I just hope this level of racing keeps up for the rest of the season!!

Government consultation on whether they should change the law for roads to be closed in the UK for motorsport (rallies and the like) closes today. Had meant to do my own responses but completely forgot. Fortunately if you follow the instructions at the link below you can do it too. The more the better.

http://msa.informz.ca/InformzDataService/OnlineVersion/Ind/bWFpbGluZ0luc3RhbmNlSWQ9NDA2MjI0JnN1YnNjcmliZXJJZD05MDA5NjEzMTU=

A wee photo of what my workmates got me for my 30th yesterday - cropped out the keys that were there as these were the first things I took into my new flat.

post-29-0-85173500-1397234102_thumb.jpg

Government consultation on whether they should change the law for roads to be closed in the UK for motorsport (rallies and the like) closes today. Had meant to do my own responses but completely forgot. Fortunately if you follow the instructions at the link below you can do it too. The more the better.

http://msa.informz.ca/InformzDataService/OnlineVersion/Ind/bWFpbGluZ0luc3RhbmNlSWQ9NDA2MjI0JnN1YnNjcmliZXJJZD05MDA5NjEzMTU=

Have you heard any more about the proposed motorcycle road race in the Borders? Not heard anything for ages.

Those Jim Bamber cars are cool. Love the Senna one.

Archived