17 Year Old Dies from 'Mortal Kombat' Tablet

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be clear here for a minute: Drugs are fantastic.

I've never previously been in favour of the legalisation and taxation route, but as time has passed I have come around more to the idea that it is worth exploring this avenue, not for any reasons related to governmental income, but purely to control, or at least try to limit, the impurities and related problems associated with mixing and cutting. I don't for a second think that we'll one day see cocaine on the shelves in our local chemist's, but a mature and reasoned discussion on the regulation of drugs is necessary. The sooner we get away from the old fashioned "people who take drugs are junkies!" notions of the older generations the better as far as drug safety is concerned, because at the end of the day people are still going to take drugs whether they're legal or not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-26079358

its just the green rolex's all over again, hope they get destroyed before anyone else is hurt. makes me sick thinking about all the times I've taken pills not giving a thought as to whats in them

Do you still not understand how legalisation would prevent people dying from tainted pills?

Let's 'sex up' that article a bit, 108 people die in Belfast from fake Red Mortal Kombats, is this a price worth paying to keep ecstasy illegal? How many people have to die before you change your mind?

Do you still not understand how legalisation would prevent people dying from tainted pills?

Let's 'sex up' that article a bit, 108 people die in Belfast from fake Red Mortal Kombats, is this a price worth paying to keep ecstasy illegal? How many people have to die before you change your mind?

This was canabis i didn't want legalised i never said anything about ecstasy!

Let's be clear here for a minute: Drugs are fantastic.

I've never previously been in favour of the legalisation and taxation route, but as time has passed I have come around more to the idea that it is worth exploring this avenue, not for any reasons related to governmental income, but purely to control, or at least try to limit, the impurities and related problems associated with mixing and cutting. I don't for a second think that we'll one day see cocaine on the shelves in our local chemist's, but a mature and reasoned discussion on the regulation of drugs is necessary. The sooner we get away from the old fashioned "people who take drugs are junkies!" notions of the older generations the better as far as drug safety is concerned, because at the end of the day people are still going to take drugs whether they're legal or not.

I don't know what drugs are involved this time, some might be made from start to finish in Europe and sold on the internet, but the damage the prohibition on drugs has done in the third world is immense. 60,000 dead in Mexico since 2006 for a start. Countries where drug barons could offer to pay off the national debt in exchange for clemency. America tried it with alcohol and gave up after it looked like the gangsters were taking over. All the experts in the field agree on legalisation or decriminalisation as the way forward. Politicians are too scared to do it because they think we, the voters, would disapprove. It's up to us to convince them otherwise, and get properly tested, guaranteed quality drugs available to the discerning user.

I don't know what drugs are involved this time, some might be made from start to finish in Europe and sold on the internet, but the damage the prohibition on drugs has done in the third world is immense. 60,000 dead in Mexico since 2006 for a start. Countries where drug barons could offer to pay off the national debt in exchange for clemency. America tried it with alcohol and gave up after it looked like the gangsters were taking over. All the experts in the field agree on legalisation or decriminalisation as the way forward. Politicians are too scared to do it because they think we, the voters, would disapprove. It's up to us to convince them otherwise, and get properly tested, guaranteed quality drugs available to the discerning user.

Right on every point. Great post.

Just because these 2 nights have been cancelled because of 'safety concerns' won't stop folk from taking their already bought bag of goodies for the weekend...house perty it is then.

Say what!!!!

I'll house you

Archived