The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

Dut-tYaW4AERWm_.jpg

FC Cincinnati's future stadium, groundbreaking ceremony took place couple days ago and its under construction.

I must say its good to see MLS getting football specific stadiums and all but they are starting to look generic. Granted there are only so many ways to build 19,000-20,000 seater stadiums for football.

Edited by thekorean

1 hour ago, thekorean said:

Dut-tYaW4AERWm_.jpg

FC Cincinnati's future stadium, groundbreaking ceremony took place couple days ago and its under construction.

I must say its good to see MLS getting football specific stadiums and all but they are starting to look generic. Granted there are only so many ways to build 19,000-20,000 seater stadiums for football.

It's the same with the vast majority of new build stadiums really, regardless of the country.

The best ones are generally those that have just slowly evolved with no two stands looking the same.

7 hours ago, eez-eh said:

It’s a bit different when you’re penned into one stand. Tonnes of grounds in the lower leagues have a flat entry charge and anyone is free to sit/stand wherever the f**k they want, not really sure what the issue with that is.

The problem with ticket prices is how expensive they are in general, can’t say not having a difference between seating and standing really bothers me.

In the juniors it's usually  a flat entrance fee and £1/1.50 in a tin to get in the stand.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

If you'd be happy paying £25+ to stand behind the goals at an SPFL Premiership match when you could sit in line with half way line for the same price then more power to you but I'd suggest you're getting ripped off.
FWIW I think £25 to sit at a Premiership match is overpriced as it is let alone to stand.
ETA : The above reply is me hypothesising of how your experience in the lower leagues might relate in the top flight.

In 1980s Tynecastle the benches on the Wheatfield side, the covered terracing in the corner and the uncovered terracing at the school were all the same gate and the same price

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

In 1980s Tynecastle the benches on the Wheatfield side, the covered terracing in the corner and the uncovered terracing at the school were all the same gate and the same price

Let's be honest, nobody really sat on those benches!

15 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I fell over them at a game once, it was the same game Wayne Foster punched someone in the coupon in front of the ref and got away with it.

Ah, good old Wayne! I only remember standing on the benches tbh. 

Wasn’t sure whether to post this here or in the Twitter thread, but my gut tells me it’ll get more appreciation here.

Whilst not all new stadiums, here’s a link to the best thread in Twitter history. Prepare to lose and hour or two trawling through it. Enjoy.

20 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Wasn’t sure whether to post this here or in the Twitter thread, but my gut tells me it’ll get more appreciation here.

Whilst not all new stadiums, here’s a link to the best thread in Twitter history. Prepare to lose and hour or two trawling through it. Enjoy.

Dens & Tannadice look so different from the air.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

Plans for Meadowbank re-development

Surprised they're still planning to go ahead with this. The site has sat dormant for so long now I think most people assumed it was just a matter of time before it'd be announced it was going to be turned into flats.

On 12/22/2018 at 17:51, 8MileBU said:

Would love to see a match in El Cilindro. Up there with La Bombonera in the incredible atmosphere stakes.

Actually didn't realise how close Racing and Independiente were to each other until seeing this pic. That looks like it's Dundee levels of proximity.

Edited by Nightmare

2 hours ago, Ayrshire-SFC said:

What will Edinburgh city do in way of spectator area for games that would draw over 500? Seems like there is no standing areas around the pitch aside from the seated area

Probably set up a standing area on the running track like Edinburgh Rugby do at Murrayfield 

Would love to see a match in El Cilindro. Up there with La Bombonera in the incredible atmosphere stakes.
Actually didn't realise how close Racing and Independiente were to each other until seeing this pic. That looks like it's Dundee levels of proximity.

How long did you spend on that thread though?

I haven’t looked at it yet purely because I’m the exact sort of person who will lose hours trawling through it...

Exactly what I did. Spent ages on it. Also kind of annoyed I haven’t managed any good photos of stadiums from planes before. Had a great view of the Emirates last time I flew into London City Airport.

• 2 weeks later...

It will now be March at the earliest before Spurs an use their new Stadium. With calls from a number of fans (Arsenal and Chelsea mostly) and at least one petition for them to get a points deduction