Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

3 hours ago, Iminavest said:

Having had cats all the time while growing up, next week I'll be bringing home my first rescue into my own home. 

Going to enjoy the last few days of everything being in one piece!

Excellent news, all the better you’re elected a rescue! Thank you.

4 hours ago, Iminavest said:

Having had cats all the time while growing up, next week I'll be bringing home my first rescue into my own home. 

Going to enjoy the last few days of everything being in one piece!

Prayers for all your soft furnishings.

Having been given up by his previous family in favour of children, a wild choice! Rafi has been in his new home for a couple of days now.

Naturally he's spent a lot of time wandering and rubbing on everything and some chill time hiding away in his room.

Seems to be settling in pretty well so far and even came to sit on my lap earlier after I shared some of my steak!

Has settled down next to me to watch the football. Just a really chilled wee dude!

20230418_185444.jpg

20230419_205421.jpg

1 minute ago, Iminavest said:

Having been given up by his previous family in favour of children, a wild choice! Rafi has been in his new home for a couple of days now.

Naturally he's spent a lot of time wandering and rubbing on everything and some chill time hiding away in his room.

Seems to be settling in pretty well so far and even came to sit on my lap earlier after I shared some of my steak!

Has settled down next to me to watch the football. Just a really chilled wee dude!

20230418_185444.jpg

20230419_205421.jpg

He's settled in well, nice one.

40 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

20230418_185444.jpg

20230419_205421.jpg

A lovely cat, and an impressively not-small hand you have there, Mr President!

48 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

20230418_185444.jpg

20230419_205421.jpg

Looks a wee bit Siamese, is he very vocal? Nice work.

• 2 weeks later...

After a week and a half, Rafi seems to be enjoying his new home. 

After a few days I've slowly introduced him to new rooms. He now knows where in the kitchen the food is kept and is partial to a cuddle in bed before breakfast.

Took him down to the vet for a free 'rehoming check up' with everything being fine other than being a tad beefy at 7kg! Will hopefully manage to shift some of that once he's outside exploring, which he seems desperate to do.

Love the wee guy already.

20230422_101458.jpg

20230423_173155.jpg

20230422_103646.jpg

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Looks like time for a minor trim of those scimitars

Fun times for a new cat owner!

Keep clear of the coloured part in the centre of the claw and you'll be fine. Go slow and gentle, and if they start yelling then you've gone too deep.

(there's bound to be a cat Kenneth Williams picture somewhere on the interwebs)

Edit: Stable Diffusion gave me these:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.e906ff8b1b210397a691da26028c69c9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f9c5c21ae8c328d6327fc65d17b3f8a7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4905330054880189fb9b69b257745ac0.jpeg

Edited by BTFD

2 hours ago, BTFD said:

Fun times for a new cat owner!

Keep clear of the coloured part in the centre of the claw and you'll be fine. Go slow and gentle, and if they start yelling then you've gone too deep.

(there's bound to be a cat Kenneth Williams picture somewhere on the interwebs)

Edit: Stable Diffusion gave me these:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.e906ff8b1b210397a691da26028c69c9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f9c5c21ae8c328d6327fc65d17b3f8a7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4905330054880189fb9b69b257745ac0.jpeg

If he’s an outdoor cat at all, minor trims of the sharpest ends are all that’s needed. If he’s indoor only, a little more trimming is needed. Slow and steady, with a little at a time being a good learning practice. Hopefully he’ll let you do it with a good cattitude, but if he’s a fighter, it may seem cruel, but a large towel  over the head and wrapping the body gently is useful. Keep the head covered and only let one limb at a time out. Start with the front claws, so if he gets too stressed you can let him go with the most necessary work already done. The head/eye covering calms them somewhat. Mine just lies back resignedly and lets me go to town, but he’s had it done for 15+ years now.

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Been away for a few days. Came back to a present in the living room. 

IMG_5297.jpeg

Your missus throws one hell of a party.