Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

16 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Does anyone have advice on helping cats to get along with each other, if it’s even possible?

We have had a new kitten for a few months now and the older one is always fighting her and pissing everywhere she can in the house to mark her territory.

The classic advice is based upon a slow introduction through doors and stuff. In this case the ship has sailed, so you can try plenty of attention for the older cat, establish a pair of vantage points for the cats separate from each other (nice, high resting spots with good visibility), if possible allow the cats to claim some individual territories (watch where they do and don’t go and don’t bring one into an area they don’t go on their own), perhaps (again, if possible) separate the litter boxes and feeding/water, and there is a product called Feliway that is most often used via a diffuser that claims to reduce such behaviours. We tried it once, but I can’t say if it was that, or the 90 days more time living together, that had the effect of calming the older cat down.

We had a brother and sister that we had since they were kittens who occasionally scrapped but had divided the house between them. We got a third, female, cat who liked the male (who generally ignored her. He was soft as shite anyway) and was put in her place by the female (black and white Smudger type). The third cat found her wee nook and stuck to it until the male passed away and then the two females just kept out of each other's way until the older one also passed away and the third cat was queen of f*cking everything after that.

There was a neutral zone in the house- the fire!

26 minutes ago, Derek Patterson said:

Don't bide in Barnhill do you? 

Working there the other day and clocked a boy that looked awfy like the bold Smudger.

Nah, about 6 mile away, he couldn't walk that distance, too old.

Thank you.

53 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

IMG_1301.jpeg

Tremendous - looks like you've drop-kicked them through the air with your third beCroc-ed foot.

Genuinely took me a minute to work out what was going on.

51 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Not my cat, but Noel is a big fan of cardboard boxes for some reason. 

Welcome to the world of cats.

They do terrible things to hamsters, BTW.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Welcome to the world of cats.

They do terrible things to hamsters, BTW.

Not always…

IMG_0039.thumb.jpeg.4d5ad268b092bf8e78a307549b281e43.jpeg

…although, to be fair, old Kip’s did decide to try to nibble on the little guy a few weeks later. He was prevented, and resented it for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

The village Facebook has blown up this afternoon over a small cat who ran in front of a car. Missed the wheels did some dramatic stuntman rolls and fucked off over a fence. 

Then came all the comments " know that cat, he comes into my kitchen, garage, shed, bathroom, car". 

Here he is absolutly fine, not a mark on him. We've checked him over no obvious damage or injury and he's deep throated some chew sticks and a food pouch. 

20240305_200159.jpg

On 29/09/2019 at 17:43, Honest Saints Fan said:

I'm at my parents just now, Tabby cat is the most chilled out cat you'll ever meet. Twitch on the other hand hates people and hides away.

20190929_172430.jpg

20190929_125934.jpg

Poor Tabby has now crossed the rainbow bridge. She would have been 20 this year. She has been in my life since I was 14. Absolutely gutted.

Her sister (bottom pic) is still going strong and has never spent a day apart from Tabby so not sure how she will cope.