Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

Just now, Honest Saints Fan said:

Poor Tabby has now crossed the rainbow bridge. She would have been 20 this year. She has been in my life since I was 14. Absolutely gutted.

Her sister (bottom pic) is still going strong and has never spent a day apart from Tabby so not sure how she will cope. 

I don't cry often (mainly due to medication), but I greeted like a wean when I had to have my first cat put to sleep. She'd been with me since I was 12, and she was 16 when she died.

We're just lucky to have had them for so long.

My son's cat. She's decided that I'm quite comfortable these days, and has taken to sitting by the couch when I get in the house, waiting for me to sit down so she can take a nap on my ample corpulence.

About a month ago, I'm watching the Wasps on the telly and we score, to which I bark a quick "YAS!" - eejitface is walking across the room and takes off like a rocket before spending the rest of the day anxiously peering round the doorframe at me like I was yelling at her. She's been holding it against me ever since. Heard me yelling at football matches hundreds of times, but apparently on this occasion it must have been aimed at her. Bloody cats.

20231224_171426.jpg

So not content with flying in the face of the green cross code young Greg continues to find stupid ways to get killed. 

The neighbours have their tree chopped down. Lumberjack drags remains of said tree to the woodchipper, just as he's about to flick the switch guess who bolts out of this instrument of death and destruction.

I don't quite know how I would have explained it to the kids other than to show them fargo and then send them off to the therapist. 

23 hours ago, BFTD said:

My son's cat. She's decided that I'm quite comfortable these days, and has taken to sitting by the couch when I get in the house, waiting for me to sit down so she can take a nap on my ample corpulence.

About a month ago, I'm watching the Wasps on the telly and we score, to which I bark a quick "YAS!" - eejitface is walking across the room and takes off like a rocket before spending the rest of the day anxiously peering round the doorframe at me like I was yelling at her. She's been holding it against me ever since. Heard me yelling at football matches hundreds of times, but apparently on this occasion it must have been aimed at her. Bloody cats.

20231224_171426.jpg

nae wonder the cat was pissed aff-

1) Wasps on the telly? 

2) Wasps scoring??!

Our old cat was trying to sleep on my lap when I was watching Scotland and we scored and I stood up in celebration and sent the poor mog flying. 

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

nae wonder the cat was pissed aff-

1) Wasps on the telly? 

2) Wasps scoring??!

Our old cat was trying to sleep on my lap when I was watching Scotland and we scored and I stood up in celebration and sent the poor mog flying. 

They do have a habit of choosing the most inopportune times to use you as a mattress, don't they?

You'll notice the charger next to her nibs in the picture I posted - as soon as the laptop comes out because I need to do some work, it's a case of "oh no, we won't be having any of that". If I'm just dicking around on P&B, she's curiously absent. The look I'm getting there is because I'd just shifted her off my lap to go to the lavvy (the cheek).

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

He's not my cat. I'm just designated family cat sitter when people are on holiday.

Well then take advantage and train him to expect food ONLY when he sits in front of the TV. Should start getting you out of the role as they compare notes. “Aye, my Ginger started sitting in front of the TV too after Richey watched him…”

20 hours ago, pub car king said:

Does your cat have some kind of feud with this season ticket holder.

Screenshot_20240329_234055_Google.jpg

That dog's name is Yardley and he's a Pollok fan. Despite that he is a very good boy.

Edited by peasy23

22 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I can't bring a cat to the football.

What about Ferenc Puss-kas or Peterhead: the Moggy-ners? 

Your starter for 10: which Scottish football club have a cat on their badge? 

Spoiler

brora.jpg.16b42984aa9923a75224546e3413222a.jpg

That's a Scottish wildcat and not a lion. Only shite clubs have lions on their badge... :whistle

43 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

What about Ferenc Puss-kas or Peterhead: the Moggy-ners? 

Your starter for 10: which Scottish football club have a cat on their badge? 

Reveal hidden contents

brora.jpg.16b42984aa9923a75224546e3413222a.jpg

That's a Scottish wildcat and not a lion. Only shite clubs have lions on their badge... :whistle

I didn't know that. Any particular reason for the cat on the badge?

It comes from the Clan Badge of the Sutherlands, the local clan. The area of Sutherland (from the Norse "Southern Land" is known as "Cataidh" in Gaelic. The word comes from the name of the inhabitants "Catti". It is thought "Catti" means "cat people". The name "Caithness" also supposedly comes from the Norse "Katones" or "Peninsula of the Cat People*". 

An old myth says the Catti landed in Scotland and were attacked by Wildcats (or Smudger's ancestor) and were so impressed by their ferocity they adopted the wildcat as their symbol. 

I'll get my book about Football Club badges out sometime or other.. 

*I've been to Caithness. Not many of them look like Natasha Kinski (film joke).