Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

1 hour ago, GordieBoy80 said:

f2b1bcd2cc0e11553347d5d9235e1c4a.jpg

The girlfriend's cat seems concerned about his snoring.

What a life cats have got. Look at it lying comfy as f**k in one of the hundreds of positions it can contort it's body into to sleep where it wants, when it wants. Jammy b*****ds.

b49bfe18ef9618dfc49b8bd68aeb9aea.jpg

This little fucker turned up today. Not mine, I have 3 already. Just had a little is seems, after quick feel of the titties.

Looking for a safe house....not again had 8 about 2 years ago, they have died or moved on. Left with 3. Roundabouts and all that.

Took the plunge today and went to  cats charity shelter.  Ended up with a pair of young sisters who will hopefully be coming home in a couple of weeks.

Looks like previous owners had allergies to them.  We have never had cats before so looking foward to it.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

7 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Took the plunge today and went to  cats charity shelter.  Ended up with a pair of young sisters who will hopefully be coming home in a couple of weeks.

Looks like previous owners had allergies to them.  We have never had cats before so looking foward to it.

If they are young they will be hyper-active, i.e climbing up curtains etc, but that will die down, eventually. Cats are brilliant, you won't regret it.

56 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Keep their litter tray clean, let them explore and they'll soon keep you right in terms of what they want etc. You'll probably find you watch less tv etc as they'll keep you entertained. They can have such different personalities too. Our old one was a hard case his whole life but his replacement is the cat equivalent of Father Dougal. He's three and some days he still sits in front of the dishwasher wondering what is going on. 

4 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

She is called mischief apparently.

I wonder if many people keep the names they give them in the rescue places - when we were in collecting our two, I'd nipped back out to the car to get something while the missus was signing some paperwork. As I walked back in I heard the guy at the counter saying "Will you be keeping the names?" Turns out while they were in there they'd called the wee black one Jet and the big Maine Coon Fluffy.

Told the guy in no uncertain terms there was no way our household would ever have a cat in it called Fluffy.

49 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I wonder if many people keep the names they give them in the rescue places - when we were in collecting our two, I'd nipped back out to the car to get something while the missus was signing some paperwork. As I walked back in I heard the guy at the counter saying "Will you be keeping the names?" Turns out while they were in there they'd called the wee black one Jet and the big Maine Coon Fluffy.

Told the guy in no uncertain terms there was no way our household would ever have a cat in it called Fluffy.

We got a rescue cat a few years ago and the crazy cat foster woman had named her Holiday. She was never called that again after we'd left crazy cat woman's house. 

Fucking Holiday.

I worked in a hotel many years ago who's owners kept a 3 legged cat. It had lost one of its hind legs after being hit by a car. It was quite capable of doing all the usual things that cats do.

It was affectionately known as Tripod to the hotel staff.

What's yours called?

2 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

My Gran got herself a rescue cat a few years back, kept the name. To be fair tho he was named Brodie and thats a pretty decent name

What are Maine Coons like and do you often find them in shelters? I've never had a cat in my life, always had dogs and don't plan on getting a cat anytime soon (My current duo wouldn't tolerate one). However, if I was to get a cat - I reckon that's the route I'd go down.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What are Maine Coons like and do you often find them in shelters? I've never had a cat in my life, always had dogs and don't plan on getting a cat anytime soon (My current duo wouldn't tolerate one). However, if I was to get a cat - I reckon that's the route I'd go down.

They're basically dogs in cat suits - they're not really cat-like at all in terms of personality. Though they've got longish fur, they're low-maintenance, and because they don't stop growing till they're about four they can end up some size, although they've got a squeaky wee miaow which sounds weird coming from such a big cat.

Doubt you'd see pedigree ones that often in shelters as they cost a packet - ours isn't full-blooded coon, but the vet reckons he's near enough as makes no difference. They are quite impressive though - a bit like having a pet lynx.

MaineCoonSilverTabby.jpg

Wtf is a Maine Coon? I'm old and getting very confused here...not a cat but a dog. Is this some rapping term I've missed.

Any to the post with the new ones.

Let them explore on their own. Don't keep at them, they will come to you once they know you are the food source. After that enjoy.

10 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Ours was called Muphasa, or Muffy for short. Terrible name but it suits him. I got him from a Portuguese girl when he was about six months old and she liked me to send her pics of him growing up and I didn't have the heart to re-name him. 

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

My cat is called Ally as named by previous owners via the Cats Protection folk. Kept the name as the inference of Alley Cat amused me.

Doesnt suit him though since instead of being streetwise and tough hes a bit thick and an utter shitebag!

sounds like Ally is the perfect name for him...

coisty.png

Wtf is a Maine Coon? I'm old and getting very confused here...not a cat but a dog. Is this some rapping term I've missed.

Any to the post with the new ones.

Let them explore on their own. Don't keep at them, they will come to you once they know you are the food source. After that enjoy.

It's a massive breed of cat that looks more like a wild cat than a domesticated breed.