Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

On 05/09/2016 at 19:15, EdgarusQPFC said:

Quick question, how does everyone here approach introducing kittens to older cats

You're supposed to keep the new cat confined to a room for a couple of days so the other cat(s) can get used to their smell. We've done that for the last couple of times, and they've been playing footsie with each other under the door by the time they meet face-to-face. Worked out pretty well; our three get on like a house on fire.

We used to just unleash the newcomer and let them get on with it, but it didn't always go so well. They seem to hold a grudge if their first experience of an older cat is a good battering  :wacko:

On 06/09/2016 at 16:05, Alert Mongoose said:

Sounds like heaven. If only I could reach them.

Give it a while. By the time you're Granny Danger's age, you'll be able to toss them over your shoulder like a regimental soldier  :P

Wee quick question, I've noticed this week that the wee man is starting to get in his adult Canines, now one of the lower baby canines has already fallen out, but the other is still in place with the adult beside it and i can see the upper canines starting to erupt through his gums above the baby canines, they appear as if they are going to end up in front of the baby ones. I understand there can be a issue sometimes with retained baby teeth, after doing some googling ive not really found any information that was useful, most sites appear to be repeating the same vague shite. My question is, at what stage should i be concerned he might be retaining his baby teeth, as some sites claim the baby teeth should have fallen out before the adult ones erupt, while others claim its normal for them to erupt first then the baby teeth fall out. 

Any advice would be appreciated as i would rather not pay my good but expensive vet for an appointment just for him to tell me there is nothing to worry about.

10 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Wee quick question, I've noticed this week that the wee man is starting to get in his adult Canines, now one of the lower baby canines has already fallen out, but the other is still in place with the adult beside it and i can see the upper canines starting to erupt through his gums above the baby canines, they appear as if they are going to end up in front of the baby ones. I understand there can be a issue sometimes with retained baby teeth, after doing some googling ive not really found any information that was useful, most sites appear to be repeating the same vague shite. My question is, at what stage should i be concerned he might be retaining his baby teeth, as some sites claim the baby teeth should have fallen out before the adult ones erupt, while others claim its normal for them to erupt first then the baby teeth fall out. 

Any advice would be appreciated as i would rather not pay my good but expensive vet for an appointment just for him to tell me there is nothing to worry about.

My advice would be to think "he's only a feckin cat" and not worry about it. 

33 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

My Old Cat brought a live pigeon into the house one day, impressive feat seeing as he was a fat b*****d and useless at hunting. Pretty comical as my aunt, who was in the house at the time is terrified of birds. Our other cat Charlie liked catching Pigeons, but just so she could sit on them and slap them repeatedly

Our old cat Rory brought in a live Magpie one morning. What a racket. Similarly I think he just brought it in to cause chaos. He used to bring in roadkill too and try and pass it off as his own handiwork. 

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Our old cat Rory brought in a live Magpie one morning. What a racket. Similarly I think he just brought it in to cause chaos. He used to bring in roadkill too and try and pass it off as his own handiwork. 

I once saw our neighbour''s cat dragging a hare across the garden, and the hare looked bigger than the cat. I didn't think cats would have much interest in roadkill but it would be a pretty impressive feat to catch and kill a live hare.

3 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I once saw our neighbour''s cat dragging a hare across the garden, and the hare looked bigger than the cat. I didn't think cats would have much interest in roadkill but it would be a pretty impressive feat to catch and kill a live hare.

Rory brought a crab (only about 4 or 5 inches wide) in one day. The sideways walking stuff must have thrown him as he had no idea how to try and kill it. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Rory brought a crab (only about 4 or 5 inches wide) in one day. The sideways walking stuff must have thrown him as he had no idea how to try and kill it. 

Can only imagine the scenes if ours brought a crab in - my Mrs is up on the couch if there's a mouse. 

My first cat was an outdoor one - she used to disappear all night and leave "presents" for me on the doorstep when I was going out to work - a mouse or vole, although more often half of one because she was a fat b*****d and would end up snacking on it.

The funniest thing was the cat sitting at the foot of the steps, with a smug "look, got you something" look on her face followed by the look of betrayal she'd shoot me when I invariably booted it into the bushes.