C'mon England

heedthebaa

Despite the OP's obviously poor attempts, I shall be putting my ABE full strip in the bin and supporting our friendly neighbours in Brazil.

I think it's time we treated England as what they are, our nearest and dearest friends.

Perhaps it's the looming indyref which has changed my mind, but I no longer feel the need to support whoever England are playing.

I've always wanted Wales and RoI to do well in tournaments so I'll be cheering on England in Brazil.

The fact it will annoy the f**k out of my English hating unionst pals is just a bonus.

Good luck England.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite being born in Engerland, I actually cant bring myself to support them. I used to go in with the intention of supporting them, but as soon as the first match started I'm supporting the opposition. I don't even lie to myself about it anymore. It's all we get to cheer for, and it's just a bit of banter anyway. I don't hate England, I do enjoy seeing them get beat though.

Some great ABE moments over the years.

England-Germany WC 10, Lawro took the huff after the non-goal and stopped commentating. Just brilliant.

France-England Euro 2004 Zinidine breaks English hearts with 2 injury time dead ball goals.

Any penalty shoot out ever

Brazil England WC 2002, Dave Seaman comes for a cross which is actually a shot, oops.

England USA WC 10....Green....

They're some of my major tournament highlights since world cup 98. You gotta have something to cheer for.

Lugano is the worst player I've ever seen. He's worse than Nazi Germany, AIDS and the ending of "Lost" combined. On that basis, I'm predicting England will get out of their group.

They'll then lose to the first decent team they play in the knock-out stages, as usual.

Be more fun betting on who misses the crucial penalty. I'll guess at... Rooney.

I've been in England watching teams with Scottish players as well as pubs in England watching Scotland games and had the opposite experience from this in the vast majority of cases. Unlucky.

To be fair, I remember your campaign leading up to Euro 2008, and everyone I knew hoped that Scotland would qualify. In the same way I remember people wishing Wales well when they reached the Euro 2004 playoffs. It can be quite amusing when you (or Wales) put in some hilariously awful performances (your 2-1 win against Liechtenstein springs to mind), but generally it doesn't register with people either way. The only country I always want to see lose is Ireland, but that's only because my fiancee is Irish.

To be fair, I remember your campaign leading up to Euro 2008, and everyone I knew hoped that Scotland would qualify. In the same way I remember people wishing Wales well when they reached the Euro 2004 playoffs. It can be quite amusing when you (or Wales) put in some hilariously awful performances (your 2-1 win against Liechtenstein springs to mind), but generally it doesn't register with people either way. The only country I always want to see lose is Ireland, but that's only because my fiancee is Irish.

I work for a company that is roughly 50/50 in two sites (one in Scotland and one in England) and have found almost exclusively that the guys I work with in England want Scotland to do well and qualify along with them.

They are relatively bemused by the rivalry some Scots try to build up with England.

A wee story, a friend of mine who also lives in Scotland but originates from Middleborough was away down visiting family with his wife. She Wanted to see the Scotland game which was on at the time, but was unsure about going to the club to watch it. To her amazement she went and couldn't understand why everyone in the club was supporting Scotland

You see that's how we rock us English. You spiteful twisted fuckers should try it, too much hatred in this bigoted, racist, xenophobic country. Shameful way of going on

Looking at it from another angle. If you want us to win, you'll always be disappointed. If we want you to lose, we never will be. :D

It's less about wanting England to lose and more about wanting to see Lawrenson, Lineker, Shearer et al crying and looking sad when they get pumped after a ridiculously egotistical and optimistic build-up.

Im usually happy enough when England get knocked out but those who go out to make the point that they are supporting anyone but England make themselves and the rest of the country look like twats

That makes no sense whatsoever.

I work for a company that is roughly 50/50 in two sites (one in Scotland and one in England) and have found almost exclusively that the guys I work with in England want Scotland to do well and qualify along with them.

They are relatively bemused by the rivalry some Scots try to build up with England.

How can anyone be bemused by having a rivalry with your neighbours, who you've played more than 100 times? To say they don't care about Scotland and don't see us as a rival is fair enough, but to say they are bemused is ridiculous.

How can anyone be bemused by having a rivalry with your neighbours, who you've played more than 100 times? To say they don't care about Scotland and don't see us as a rival is fair enough, but to say they are bemused is ridiculous.

The majority of those games were played a long time ago, we've since played England three times in 25 years(twice in a play-off). England class their rivals as Germany. They look down on us, like we do to Northern Ireland.

The majority of those games were played a long time ago, we've since played England three times in 25 years(twice in a play-off). England class their rivals as Germany. They look down on us, like we do to Northern Ireland.

I can understand that they don't consider us their main rival. To say they can't understand why we consider them as our rival is just daft though.

Who don't consider them their rivals and are actually rivals with Holland.

Archived