The Alloa Athletic Thread

Goodwin  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Good luck to the big man; he'll be a standout in that league next season.

Ignore the haters: the man is pure box office. St Mirren legend, and, as others have said, glad we're not playing him next season.

Could be tempted along to an Alloa game to see the man in action. 

Great signing for Alloa. I would've been happy for Jim to stay on with us.

You's have a grafter who will give 110% every week. Definitely someone who will lift the team/crowd when the chips are down. Great bit of business!!

I'll be sticking 10 of my hard earned pounds on you Wasps to run riot this year.  Building a very good squad and if JR can get them playing the way he likes then I don't see basketcase Livi or experimental Airdrie getting close.

Try Stranraer getting close mate.

Ignore the haters and the folk with opinions that never even saw the guy play. Goody will walk that League. He is a fine player and captain fantastic. Anything else you hear is due to jealousy. I would have kept him at Saints but allegedly he was looking for PT football so he could start a career path outwith football.

Very happy with this one. We needed a defensive midfield player and cover for CB so Goodwin ticks the boxes. He should also bring experience and leadership. Squad is looking good, better than the one we had for the Championship last season.

I'll be sticking 10 of my hard earned pounds on you Wasps to run riot this year. Building a very good squad and if JR can get them playing the way he likes then I don't see basketcase Livi or experimental Airdrie getting close.

Looking at prices this afternoon. Well worth a tenner given the players that they've signed.

Graeme Holmes has been named captain for next season. Great choice and well deserved.

He has been a very good servant for Alloa, good to see him get that honour. With Homer as captain and the likes of Marr, Graham and Goodwin in there too we should have plenty of leadership in the team.

Graeme Holmes has been named captain for next season. Great choice and well deserved.

As Waspie said well deserved but a bit surprising as with Robertson, Goodwin, Kilpatrick,Flanny and possibly Cawley playing in midfield as you would think Spence and Longworth will both start i would have thought that Holmes might struggle to get much game time. Maybe he will be more of a Club captain than anything, cant deny though that a great servant and good to see it being recognised.

The midfield looks quite fluid and adaptable to various formations and options which the manager will no doubt play about with in pre season. Of course impossible to predict how it will progress based on form and injuries but I can see Holmes getting lots of game time.