The Alloa Athletic Thread

Is Dean Brett not currently under investigation for betting? I wouldn't take the risk of signing him then him getting a lengthy ban if so.

I think he's already been given his ban and served it hasn't he?

I see young Isaac has rocked up at Grays Athletic. I was impressed for a second, as last I remember they were in the Conference, but it appears they've dropped three divisions since those days. Oh well.

Has Geoff Mitchell dropped out of football since his disaster at Dunstable? Can't find anything about him at all.

I see young Isaac has rocked up at Grays Athletic. I was impressed for a second, as last I remember they were in the Conference, but it appears they've dropped three divisions since those days. Oh well.
Has Geoff Mitchell dropped out of football since his disaster at Dunstable? Can't find anything about him at all.

Isaac not at Brechin then? Thought he'd be rocking up there

56 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

All went quiet on the signings front, few weeks to go right enough.

Opinions on what we need or who we want???

A striker to replace Spence, and Waters plus at least one more defender (or two if we can't keep Waters)

We signed 3 strikers and and i wager jim knew spence was gone before he signed these guys , give the new guys a chance , spence improved in time (see renton)

renton malcolm and fleming know they have to raise thier game at alloa , renton seems to be on the ascendency hopefully and the other two seem sound enough

as for Waters the lack of news is annoying i just hope he stays but i am doubtful , I think jim is a good enough manager and the upcoming season will be his judge!

we  have a good core of experienced skillful players , the new guys cook,malcolm , fleming  know thier stuff. looking forward to finishing 4th next season and doing a brechin ! ^_^

who knows we may even face them again at some point !! . the top 4 in the coming season  in my opinion will be between 6 teams in no particular order i predict ....Alloa, Ayr united

Airdrieonians , Raith rovers, Stranraer, and East fife.....will battle it out for playoffs and  title , the obvious favourites will be raith taking in to consideration the budget and the signings they have made, the bookies will no doubt will back me up on this , but no means a given despite what raith fans may think!. it will be a more difficult task ahead for all teams in div 1 and it will be tight again and will probably go to the wire again , no need to finish in clear second like we did last !! just need to be in that top 4 and find the form at the end , consistency and less draws will be the key.....................right i am off to observe the ever amusing fifers verbal abuse post and see if i can ruffle a few feather for a laugh .

13 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

We signed 3 strikers and and i wager jim knew spence was gone before he signed these guys , give the new guys a chance , spence improved in time (see renton)

True, we've signed 3 strikers but have also lost 3. But that only leaves one on the bench if you're playing 2 up front. Adam Martin has the potential to make regular sub appearances, which should keep the other 3 on their toes, and if he develops well over the year, we probably don't need a 4th striker. There is always McCluskey as well. Can't see him getting into the starting 11 with the players we have, but would make a useful addition on the bench. But he might prefer to find a club where he'll get more regular playing time. 

renton malcolm and fleming know they have to raise thier game at alloa , renton seems to be on the ascendency hopefully and the other two seem sound enough
as for Waters the lack of news is annoying i just hope he stays but i am doubtful , I think jim is a good enough manager and the upcoming season will be his judge!
we  have a good core of experienced skillful players , the new guys cook,malcolm , fleming  know thier stuff. looking forward to finishing 4th next season and doing a brechin ! [emoji5]
who knows we may even face them again at some point !! . the top 4 in the coming season  in my opinion will be between 6 teams in no particular order i predict ....Alloa, Ayr united
Airdrieonians , Raith rovers, Stranraer, and East fife.....will battle it out for playoffs and  title , the obvious favourites will be raith taking in to consideration the budget and the signings they have made, the bookies will no doubt will back me up on this , but no means a given despite what raith fans may think!. it will be a more difficult task ahead for all teams in div 1 and it will be tight again and will probably go to the wire again , no need to finish in clear second like we did last !! just need to be in that top 4 and find the form at the end , consistency and less draws will be the key.....................right i am off to observe the ever amusing fifers verbal abuse post and see if i can ruffle a few feather for a laugh .

Have to agree with everything you have said, think it will be tougher this season, i think stranraer will be in the mix as they were poor at the beginning but got better towards the end. Airdrie may not be as good right enough with there owner leaving.

Mccluskey hasnt signed has he?

Declan mcdonald is also there so he may play a bigger part this season.