The Alloa Athletic Thread

Unsure, intresting that we were asked to play against them.

I suppose Alloa will have a good connection with Celtic over the past few years with a few players coming in on loan. It makes sense for them to play senior & us to play the best of the U20s for the Irn-Bru cup too.

Sounds a cracking game & a few boys missing (Parry, Robertson & Malcolm) that if they were in could've given us that extra edge, not that the result really matter. Martin the stand out again apparently, big things coming this season for him I think!

Strangely looking forward to Stirling Albion game on Tuesday. I know it'll be a naff, typical pre-season game but nothing better than getting back watching fresh faces!

I suppose Alloa will have a good connection with Celtic over the past few years with a few players coming in on loan. It makes sense for them to play senior & us to play the best of the U20s for the Irn-Bru cup too.

Sounds a cracking game & a few boys missing (Parry, Robertson & Malcolm) that if they were in could've given us that extra edge, not that the result really matter. Martin the stand out again apparently, big things coming this season for him I think!

Noticed parry was missing, couldnt think who else was, maybe have other arrangements made so wouldnt read too much into it.

9 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

Looks better IMO emoji23.png, always admired him..looks like he carries a bit of extra weight but has always impressed me.

I guess it must look as weird to me as this does to you

5026213.jpg?display=1&htype=135&type=res

Aye, Gaz doesn't really look like a footballer (if that makes sense), but he's darned good at doing it when he's in full flow - serious cult hero potential for you lot I'd imagine!

Noticed parry was missing, couldnt think who else was, maybe have other arrangements made so wouldnt read too much into it.

Nah definitely wouldn't read anything into it. Part time footballers playing a 12 noon game - of course some will be working.

Pretty sure Neil Parry's wedding was yesterday too, going by his Twitter.

I guess it must look as weird to me as this does to you
5026213.jpg?display=1&htype=135&type=responsive-gallery
Aye, Gaz doesn't really look like a footballer (if that makes sense), but he's darned good at doing it when he's in full flow - serious cult hero potential for you lot I'd imagine!

Yeah that does look weird, just glad it didnt work out for him. Yeah looking forward to watching him.

Another youngster added to the first team page on the site, Dylan Monaghan. Just 17. Remember someone mentioned his name on the forum so thought I'd put it up.

Still think Jim needs to fill with 2/3 squad players, like he said. One permanent & maybe a few loans.

2 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Another youngster added to the first team page on the site, Dylan Monaghan. Just 17. Remember someone mentioned his name on the forum so thought I'd put it up.

Still think Jim needs to fill with 2/3 squad players, like he said. One permanent & maybe a few loans.

Think he's been there for a couple of weeks. He was certainly in the list published when Thomas Grant's signing was announced. 

Think he's been there for a couple of weeks. He was certainly in the list published when Thomas Grant's signing was announced. 

Ah didn't notice his photo before. You're probably right, just seen he played yesterday against Celtic as well. Interesting to see how the youngsters shape up.

7 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Ah didn't notice his photo before. You're probably right, just seen he played yesterday against Celtic as well. Interesting to see how the youngsters shape up.

Dylan is a hard working midfielder who has plenty of raw talent...... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UqP2vqVODoc

noticed Declan mcdonald not with the other   call ups in the Celtic game 

pretty sure most of the Celtic u20s who are pushing for a start would have been with first team abroad  

I know there was a few 1st team alloa players omitted from the team but I do think the squad is thin on the ground if injury's and suspensions take their toll......hopefully some of the youths take there chance its just that the physicality of this league normally takes its toll on on young boys unless they can handle it 

Edited by holsten

See Arbroath and Forfar who are both pendle have announced their strips already. Why we always so far behind?

Ours will probably be another custom design whereas Arbroath and Forfar will be picked out of the brochure. Although tbh we should still be announcing our new strips a lot sooner than we do.

It would make more sense to have them available to buy when the season tickets are put on sale.

Talking of Forfar I see that Swankie is refusing to train and wants a transfer. Is he worth a punt or past it?

Ours will probably be another custom design whereas Arbroath and Forfar will be picked out of the brochure. Although tbh we should still be announcing our new strips a lot sooner than we do.

It would make more sense to have them available to buy when the season tickets are put on sale.

Talking of Forfar I see that Swankie is refusing to train and wants a transfer. Is he worth a punt or past it?

Swankie will only be past it when his legs can't do 90 anymore. All upstairs with him, still in good shape and still a very good player when he's happy where he is.

Heard he really wants to come to us, although I reckon he'll end up at the Mo. Pretty sure it'll be one of us though but who knows.

Definitely would make more sence, youd think more would bw sold that way.

Dont think swankie is passed it, think he'll sign for arbroath though, will have something lined up.

2 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

Definitely would make more sence, youd think more would bw sold that way.

Dont think swankie is passed it, think he'll sign for arbroath though, will have something lined up.

looks very much like Swankie is arbroath bound, not too worried about the squad personally, On another note , does Jim goodwin realise tomorrows game is not!! a friendly, no F***** about get the job done jim.. see you there , invested in a season ticket for the first time ever as i am now self employed, and can attend most games .

looks very much like Swankie is arbroath bound, not too worried about the squad personally, On another note , does Jim goodwin realise tomorrows game is not!! a friendly, no F***** about get the job done jim.. see you there , invested in a season ticket for the first time ever as i am now self employed, and can attend most games .

As soon as i heard he was refusing to train i knew he'd be going there, nah we're not too far away from where we need to be.

Spot on, matters not a jot but still want to win.

4 hours ago, Wasperoonie said:

Yet another season I won't be buying a strip, as long as that clusterfuck badge remains.

Did anyone ever work out if we'd flat-out stolen it from that American university team, or was it just a design that both institutions randomly decided to use? Sorry if I've asked this before, as I feel I may.

Could be worth putting in a transatlantic phone call if you really want rid of it that badly  :whistle