The Alloa Athletic Thread

I have nothing against Alloa and quite like their frequent jaunts in the Championship. I like that you give young managers a really good platform to go to bigger and better things.

But if you employ Ferguson, I honestly hope it goes proper, spectacularly badly. The guy is a fucking weapon who'll spend most his time talking about the arsecheeks rather than bigging up his own team. He'll also likely be assisted by an even bigger weapon. I also cant see him dealing with the experienced guys like Graham or Trouten from a man management point of view.

You'll also no doubt become a second team for a fair few Rangers* fans who want "wee Bazza" to do well. f**k that for a laugh.

In summary, that appointment has disaster written all over it. Best of luck guys...youre going to need it.

Just when you think our season can't get any worse.We'll soon find out how Brechin are feeling if this goes ahead.Unless Mike's giving him millions to spend,because lets face it thats how Ferguson gets his results.We have a tightly knit core of players who have become the bricks and mortar of the club,Ferguson could tear this apart.This is the worst appointment we could possibly make.I've been angry this season,now i'm livid.I'm actually stunned at how stupid this is.Mike takes risks,i get that,but christ almighty.

Wheelie Bins turned into ice-buckets. Protein shakes. Good right-winger and ok left-winger played on the opposite wings - finishing both their careers at Clyde.

Playing 4-3-3 against Rangers at Ibrox (we lost 8-1). Terrible man-management. Falling out with players. Constantly getting rid of players cos they weren't good enough (though he signed them). Almost 80 players in his 3 years at Broadwood.  Just failed to take us into the Lowland League :(.

In fairness, he must have learned some lessons before going to Kelty, but I wouldn't have him back if he paid us.

So, apart from that - good luck Alloa :whistle.

47 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

A crazy appointment none of us expected

is it official ? going for an interview according to the DR .may not happen and i will be extremely surprised if it does .

Ferguson is set to hold talks with the Recreation Park outfit on Tuesday but Record Sport understands the Ibrox icon could yet be swayed by another offer in the SPFL.

Hope so !

Edited by whereismillar

That's surely one of the Daily Record's bullshit stories to make out that one of their Old Firm heroes could just walk in to any job if they felt like it. Considering their track record, I'd be astonished if our board would think that Barry Ferguson is a credible option.

Edit: what's Ian Black up to these days?

Edited by BFTD

53 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

is it official ? going for an interview according to the DR .may not happen and i will be extremely surprised if it does .

Ferguson is set to hold talks with the Recreation Park outfit on Tuesday but Record Sport understands the Ibrox icon could yet be swayed by another offer in the SPFL.

Hope so !

Whether it is happening or not Kelty have confirmed on their Twitter account that he is not renewing his contract, so he is definitely going somewhere. Would be astonished if it was Alloa. 

Hope so !

IMG_1621890070.348238.jpg

19 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Makes good reading though. Most action on our page for a long time! Maybe a masterstroke by the chairman to reignite interest in the job. Maybe it's Duffy, Mellon, Hughes, Mckinnon, Irons........plenty guys looking for jobs.

Killie job up for grabs now too most likely 

so  that is 

dundee Utd

Ross County

Dunfermline 

Inverness

Alloa

Dumbarton

Falkirk

Queens park

Kelty

All managerless ? 

1 hour ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Makes good reading though. Most action on our page for a long time! Maybe a masterstroke by the chairman to reignite interest in the job. Maybe it's Duffy, Mellon, Hughes, Mckinnon, Irons........plenty guys looking for jobs.

if you wanted attention for the club then you could always go down that other route travelled by Clyde F.C. and sign multiple registered sex offenders. Which would be less damaging to the club's reputation than associating with Barry Ferguson.

7 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

Imo Barry would be a good call but am told Falkirk are in talks with him 

Fucking shocked by that BTW.

I'd rather you were manager TBH.