The Alloa Athletic Thread

Just now, liammcintosh01 said:

Not anywhere near the same level as Bobby Wales, watched him a couple of times last season and wasn't really impressed. Definitely think he would struggle at league 1 level.

As has been said before we will be extremely lucky get a batch of loan players as good as we had last season, but we will see .

It's all very well getting players who have excelled at age range football but it's a big step up into senior leagues. 

Take Offord for example, he came with a lot of hype from St Mirren. Admittedly we didn't give him a lot of game time but his loans at Edinburgh and Stirling didn't really match his hype.

1 minute ago, Rory said:

It's all very well getting players who have excelled at age range football but it's a big step up into senior leagues. 

Take Offord for example, he came with a lot of hype from St Mirren. Admittedly we didn't give him a lot of game time but his loans at Edinburgh and Stirling didn't really match his hype.

two poor teams to be fair to him , but i think in the right setup he could be handy

1 hour ago, printer said:

... ETA While the bee is in my bonnet, what is the PAP qualifying age at Palmerston for next season?

The qualifying age for Concession (OAP) Tickets at Palmerston is 65.

1 hour ago, LoganAAFC said:

I remember after Bobby's double at Cove , @C4mmy31mentioning the name of Zander Craik as a good youngster. Signing a new contract like Bobby did before joining us, could it be similar? 

I'm quite surprised he decided to stay tbh, Crystal Palace failed to get him on January deadline day and had scouts at most U18 games he played since.

If the plan is he's to be loaned out, you could always ask. 

On 11/06/2024 at 13:22, printer said:

What's seriously pissed me off is the qualifying age for a concession is sixty-six years of age (pretty sure it was sixty-five before) as I turn sixty-five in August. I was looking forward to paying the concessionary rate (was £10).

Appears the club have linked the change to bring it into line with the qualifying age for state  pension.

Have to agree here.  Why have the concession rates had a 20% hike when normal prices just a tad over 5%?

Has the SNP  been handed seats on the board to introduce stupid increases?

I too will be chosing my home games now, which is disappointing considering I've been watching the Wasps since Jim Matchett played in goals.

I'm also fed up with the segregation,  being stuck on the Clackmannan Rd end of the main stand when away fans have the length of the Hilton Rd side, plus the railway end if they have a sizeable travelling support.

Edited by laughing gravie