The Alloa Athletic Thread

Like both teams but would have been sad to see Alloa go down after the fun their results against a certain team gave me this season. A very decent game of football too. Oh and I had a tenner on Alloa to win the play offs so thanks for that!

Well done Alloa. Thank you for Meggatt.

Are you lot looking to keep Benedictus?

I think Danny will have a look and if it's an option he will go for it but I still think Marr and Gordon are our best pairing and Kyle would IMO be backup to them.

Well done Alloa and well done Forfar for getting so close.

I think there is a difference in quality between league 1 and championship as we found out last season but good effort by the Loons.

For Alloa, will be tough next season as Morton will be strong I think but at least they are still there to fight for it.

Hope so; he's steadily improved over the season, and works well with Big Ben.

Someone tell me Ben's signed up for next year, or there'll be tears, I tell you :bairn

I hope so. Kyle has been arguably our best player throughout the four play-off matches and I'd be more than willing to give him and Ben the first-team centre half pairing, especially with Jason's constant injury problems disrupting the consistency regarding our first team selection. He's earned it in my opinion. Marr has been excellent for us over the last few years and for that I'd be happy if he was retained as our back-up at centre half if Ben and/or Kyle are injured/suspended.