The Alloa Athletic Thread

So, from last season we've lost Meggat, Gordon, Mccord, Cawley and Buchanan. That's without including Benedictus and Chopra. Danny Lennon certainly has one hell of a rebuilding job if we're going to be competitive this season.

Docherty is away as well and would think it unlikely that Doyle is going to re-sign.

Ah, yes I forgot about Docs and I wasn't including Doyle as I suspect he'll fail to get a full time club and come back to us. Danny Lennon is going to have one hell of a hit rate with his signings, almost Paul Hartleyesque. Thankfully he shouldn't repeat his St Mirren mistake of signing several of his ex Cowden players only to find out that they were mostly way out of their depth in the SPL.

Ah, yes I forgot about Docs and I wasn't including Doyle as I suspect he'll fail to get a full time club and come back to us. Danny Lennon is going to have one hell of a hit rate with his signings, almost Paul Hartleyesque. Thankfully he shouldn't repeat his St Mirren mistake of signing several of his ex Cowden players only to find out that they were mostly way out of their depth in the SPL.

I'd say the good thing is despite only seeing them in one game (I think) DL knows some of the u20 internationalists and might be able to get one or maybe two on loan, i'm not sure how keen there parent clubs would be in sending them too Alloa though.

Ben Gordon now signed for Livi - getting annoyed now! I hate Livi!!!!!!

Why get annoyed at the club? The players who have gone there have hardly had a gun held to their heads. They've been offered full time football. We cant compete with that. I'm no Livi lover but in this instance take a look at the players not the club.

Time to move on.

Why get annoyed at the club? The players who have gone there have hardly had a gun held to their heads. They've been offered full time football. We cant compete with that. I'm no Livi lover but in this instance take a look at the players not the club.

Time to move on.

This. We can't compete with the budgets of these teams despite what any fan says, the fact is we wouldn't be part time or they wouldn't be full time if the budgets are the same.

Urgh. I'd even have been happier with Ben going to Sevco. Worst full-time move he could have made, so he must have been really desperate to give the professional game a go.

It'll be an entirely new defence now, which is worrying considering that was our best area. Rabbits oot the hat time for Danny.

On the plus side, I thought McNeil looked confident and in control of his area on Wednesday, despite losing three. Made a refreshing change from last season.

On the plus side, I thought McNeil looked confident and in control of his area on Wednesday, despite losing three. Made a refreshing change from last season.

He only conceded 2 he went off at half time and DC conceded the 3rd at the death.

Also thought he was at fault for the 2nd letting the ball go past him at his near post from a tight angle.. Admittedly I was at the opposite end of the stand so my view wasn't the best.

He only conceded 2 he went off at half time and DC conceded the 3rd at the death.

Also thought he was at fault for the 2nd letting the ball go past him at his near post from a tight angle.. Admittedly I was at the opposite end of the stand so my view wasn't the best.

Your spot on with your analysis, defo at fault for the second goal.

My eyesight's not the best either; I'd no idea we'd switched keepers. Can't remember the second goal now, just that Embra were making us generally look pretty poor at the back during that period.

At least he came out and claimed the ball when required :P

Or Raith Rovers, Alloa fans have been Livid.

Reckon Rankine did have dual interest in Dumbarton too, between us we've dismantled the Alloa team.

Dismantled a team who avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth... We're doomed!