The Alloa Athletic Thread

Looks like Reintam and Williams have signed. No surprise as they have played most of the friendlies so far. I guess Lennon will know Williams from his saints days. Reintam looks a composed player from what we've seen so far.

Edited by bsd

Looked more like a team tonight, as opposed to a loose collection of trialists. Pretty easygoing friendly; we were slightly better than Rovers in the first half without really looking like scoring more than the one we did, and without looking like conceding. The passing fell apart for a while in the second, and we conceded a soft equaliser from a corner. Rovers probably looked slightly more likely to score a winner after that, mainly because we kept giving the ball away. Didn't think we looked any worse than at this point last season, and possibly a tad better in the first half. Fast Eddie still flying into good positions and giving the ball away, unfortunately, and Isaac's still not managing to get past defenders with the ball at his feet. Holmer looks like he's going to be an important player this season.

Rovers look OK, and certainly won't be pushovers in the third tier like the other Albion were last season. Probably lacking the flair to cause problems for the bigger teams in the league.

1st half was pretty decent however it all went a bit typical preseason friendly in the 2nd.

I think Geoff can cause problems but he is far from the finished article. We still need another good forward. Holmer looked more like himself tonight. Flannigan again impressive. Layne continues to disappoint and dont get me started on Ferns.

Strange that we had the academy keeper and another even younger looking guy out tonight. Thought we would have seen either or both of the contenders for starter. Also has Couser gone on loan?

I like the look of Reintam. Looks like a calm heid.

Edited by bsd

Aye lol doesn't wear shin pads either #solid

breaks law 4 the players equipment lol was a big guy though, I wouldn't put a tackle in,

Better than the last couple times we visited your ground still don't know how queen of the south beat you'd to the title that year

Was a decent game hope Eddie ferns does well this year after helping us win the title last year

breaks law 4 the players equipment lol was a big guy though, I wouldn't put a tackle in,

My old man was grumbling that last night.

From what I seen of rovers last night I think they will be alright next season. Maybe a couple of loan players to add that wee bit extra. Best of luck for next season and that kit is a thing of beauty.

1st half was pretty decent however it all went a bit typical preseason friendly in the 2nd.

I think Geoff can cause problems but he is far from the finished article. We still need another good forward. Holmer looked more like himself tonight. Flannigan again impressive. Layne continues to disappoint and dont get me started on Ferns.

Strange that we had the academy keeper and another even younger looking guy out tonight. Thought we would have seen either or both of the contenders for starter. Also has Couser gone on loan?

I like the look of Reintam. Looks like a calm heid.

Crawford picked up a knock against Airdrie on Saturday and came off. Don't think it was serious but probably right not to risk him. No idea about McNeil though. Couser has left the club.