The Alloa Athletic Thread

I wonder if we can get a couple more players in this week? I wasn't at the game yesterday but I'm sure having more options on the bench of the same or higher standard might have made a difference and saw the draw out. My opinion...being part time it's critical that we have the option to be able to replace tired legs in the last 10-15 mins.

28 minutes ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

I wonder if we can get a couple more players in this week? I wasn't at the game yesterday but I'm sure having more options on the bench of the same or higher standard might have made a difference and saw the draw out. My opinion...being part time it's critical that we have the option to be able to replace tired legs in the last 10-15 mins.

Most if not all good part time players will have a club now, we will probably have to sign standard backup players then see if jim can work wonders in the loans  department.

Most if not all good part time players will have a club now, we will probably have to sign standard backup players then see if jim can work wonders in the loans  department.
Maybe Jim has a list of full time players from last season that didn't get a club this season? I'm sure the club has a plan but sat just showed that if we have a suspension or an injury then we are down to bare bones.

13 hours ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:
13 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Maybe Jim has a list of full time players from last season that didn't get a club this season? I'm sure the club has a plan but sat just showed that if we have a suspension or an injury then we are down to bare bones.

I'd have thought Alloa could at least loan a couple of reserve players from the relegated/promoted teams.

On Saturday through suspensions and injuries we were down to our bare bones and wee kev picking up a back spasm in warming up didn't help matters, Jim has already stated that he's not just going to sign players to bolster the team, he will have players targeted to improve the team, We know it's gonna be a long hard season we just have to stick with the team and get behind them , not get on their backs !

I Find it strange that he is not on the first team list on the website, all our other signings are ?!!

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s not even been to any training sessions yet, doubt we will see much of him

24 minutes ago, pencils said:

Can season tickets be bought with card payment?

Not last time I tried, but that was a couple of years ago. Cash only.