World Cup 2014 - Official Ante Post Topic

Latino Lover

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bets...

£10 on Brazil to wear yellow against Croatia in opening game @ 2/1 (Coral).
£10 on Argentina to win World Cup @ 12/1. Will be paid out at “normal” odds of 4/1 straight away if they win then get the enhanced odds within 48 hours (Paddy Power).
£10 on Germany to win World Cup @ 7/1 (money back as a free bet if Argentina or Brazil win) (Coral).
£5 on Ivory Coast to make Semi-Finals @ 20/1 (Bet365)
£10 on Germany AND France to make Quarter-Finals (or better) @ 3.02/1 (Boylesports)
£5 E/W on Karim Benzema top goalscorer @ 25/1. Each way terms four places, ¼ odds (Bet365).
£1 on Karim Benzema top goalscorer AND Argentina to win World Cup @ 150/1 (Bet365).
£5 on Brazil, Spain, Argentina AND Germany all to top their groups @ 4.41/1 (Coral).
£4 on Australia, Honduras, Costa Rica AND USA all to finish bottom of their group @ 4.61/1 (Bet365).

Put £5 each way (max bet) on Argentina to win cup, at double odds (7/1) with McBookies. Then found out they don't do the double odds if they lose the final. Wish I'd put a daftie on Ingurland instead at 50+/1.

I've talked myself into a bet on the Netherlands to win at 12s given that France/Brazil/Spain/Germany are all likely to be in the other half of the draw, meaning if the Dutch win their group they'll likely play Croatia/Mexico, then Italy/Colombia/Ivory Coast, then Argentina/Belgium. I'd say they'd be favourites against any of those teams, with Argentina being overrated (their midfield is a weakness and their shape/set up is questionable). Anywhere doing any offers on outright bets now that we're underway?

I think bet 365 are still refunding if your team gets ko'd on pens. I put my free bet off Italy beating England in holland at 12/1. Didn't fancy them at all this time last week. I've basically got all

Major contenders to win with free bets now. Also stuck free bet on rvp top scorer with oz coming up, that was before mullers hat trick.

Could have Algeria - USA in the next round with Argentina likely to play the winner in 1/4 final. I still think Portugal will go through however, and long way to go in group h.

Stuck a few long shots on:

Ronaldo tgs 50/1 - think this is decent considering he has only played 1 game. Fancy him to do a suarez and bang a few past Ghana and usa despite being only 75% fit

Sanchez tgs 50/1

Vidal golden ball 125/1

Hazard gb 69/1

Only had 1 ante-post bet, £25 e/w on Benzema at 28-1 top scorer. Think it's jinxed. Missed a penalty and then the ref blew for full time as he lashed the ball home on Friday.

Never backed anyone in the outright market as really wasn't sure and it looks to be shaping up as the most open World Cup for a while. If it's Brazil v Chile in the next round I reckon the hosts are out.

Who's everyone's thoughts on a winner now?

I've had liquidity problems so free bets have just went on winners. Haven't covered chile, mexico or Uruguay. Both free bets off England losing with paddy power have went on Dutch so hope they top group as favourable route to semi. France most impressive team but the likely meeting with Germany in 1/4 is scary. Argentina haven't impressed at all, not have brazil. I couldn't pick a winner now to be honest but France is my favoured result having got 30/1 for them.

The winner of the France/Germany QF will probably win the tournament. Holland would be my other choice, I have a feeling the Australia game was just a bad day and the real Dutch are the ones that got good wins over Spain and Chile, plus their route to the final looks quite simple. Mexico, Ivory Coast/Costa Rica and then Argentina or Belgium. I have them at least reaching the semis and unless the Argies or Belgians can peak at the right time then the Dutch should easily emerge as the finalist from the bottom half of the draw

• 2 weeks later...

Down to the business end, and 3 of the 5 favourites are in the semis.

Realistically, any of the 4 teams could end up winning it. My money was on Germany prior and I still think they'll win it.

Archived